1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Granulomas?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not worried about this, I'm just confused and I'm hoping that someone can help me out. A while ago, I posted about some chest x-rays I go and how there were 1 or 2 bright spots on it, I was worried about a tumor, etc. I think 1 was on my left lung and 1 was definitely on my heart because that's what I was worried about. My mom and I did go to the doctor, maybe a month after he had said it wasn't serious. We had to go for other reasons but we asked him to explain the x-ray as well. He pointed to the dots and said, "Oh that's just granulomas, that's normal." I didn't know what 'granuloma' meant so I didn't ask any questions since I thought it was a normal anatomy term and I don't even understand now. The internet said that they appear after an infection, I did have costochondritis (well, it's chronic) but I don't know if that's the infection they're talking about. Has anyone ever heard of this? Again, I'm not worried about it nor do I doubt his diagnosis but I always like to have an understanding of any problems I have.

Is it actually possible to have it in the heart? Or would it be above my heart? I don't 100% get the x-ray imaging. Do I have to do anything about it and do they go away? I can't really find too much on this, everything says 'usually no symptoms' but never says what the symptoms can be. It's just that I wonder if it could be contributing to my shortness of breath and chest pains or if that's just the costochondritis and panic attacks. And what is 'granulation tissue'? Lol. Thanks :help:

2. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Granuloma is a granulation of tissues in response to an infection. Particularly surrounding the affected area. It's a form of a defense mechanism of our immune system, a good sign that our body is fighting off foreign bacteria. (Too much is of course abnormal)

In a chest Xray, it's usually focused on the chest area, there could be indications of heart problems that only doctors with enough experience can read. But if there was a problem with your heart, the Doctors would most probably order a more specific imaging for the heart like "echocardiogram" or at least ECG. Electrocardiogram.

Do you have chest pains? Are you nervous that it has something to do with your heart? If you're diagnosed with Costochondritis, that means that the connection of your ribs to your sternum(middle chest) is inflamed. If there is inflammation, then a granuloma is also present there.
    I am assuming that you went to the doctor because of your costochondritis right? Or did you come because of lung problem? Unfortunately I am not an X-ray technician, but they have specific adjustments for each target area.
    If you are not satisfied by the last visit you had, it's better to come back and have your questions answered for you to have your peace of mind. clarify things with the doctor so that you won't have apprehensions. If you go there, grab all opportunity to clarify things you don't understand. It's their job to answer you. Ok? :slight_smile:

Hope you feel better. Avoid dairy food, sugar, and processed food because they promote inflammation. :wink:

Godspeed!