1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dieting with low blood sugar

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sealgirl19, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

Anybody have and dieting suggestions for someone with low blood sugar. Eating cookie and drinking juice is nice but it's bad for the body. I appreciate and dieting suggestions or food plans.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also deal with low blood sugar and because you are trying to boost your blood sugar levels...you will need to intake sugary foods or juices in order to get that quick boost as soon as possible. Such as; 4-ounce cans or cartons of any type of 100 percent juice, hard candy like peppermints or Life Savers — you’ll need to munch on four to seven pieces, depending on size — and small boxes of raisins (the ones that hold about 2 tablespoons’ worth) usually does the trick for me. Another tip is much depending upon you because some doctors do recommend this and some don't which is chocolate. There are times when I can intake a Hershey's Chocolate Bar (preferably dark chocolate) will give you the blood sugar boost you are needing right away. Like I said...for me..this does work ...however, this does not apply to everyone although many doctors do recommend it. Good luck..I hope my response gives you some ideas to work with.

3. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bananas are good! They're one of the best fruits that contains a lot iof sugar. :slight_smile:

And I agree with jonsomebody. Candies or chocolates might help!
    Or you can go to an organic store and buy healthy candies there or sweet dried fruits you can munch on. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

4. Sealgirl19

Thanks guys

5. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're welcome! :slight_smile:

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are so welcome...however...If I could just say that if you are diabetic...IDK about eating bananas because my doctor had suggested to me not to eat bananas or certain fruit for that matter due to the fact that fruits contains natural sugars which can take the blood sugar levels to another extreme. Now...this was my problem with eating bananas. Perhaps, you should consult with your doctor to see what they say about it first. Best Wishes...JS:thumbsup:

7. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jonsomebody, you're right. If the hypoglycemia is caused by other conditions, then bananas would be ok. But people with DM have to avoid bananas!!! :slight_smile:

8. Sealgirl19

I'm not a diabetic or at least the last time I check I wasn't. I do think I've been showing signs of low blood/hypoglycemia sugar. (i.e. getting irritable when I don't eat, shakiness, dizziness, sweat, anxiety, and headaches.) I would have to follow up with my doctor to see if that's the case. I appreciate all the help.

9. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're welcome..I'm glad my responses can be of some assistance to you in a good way. Take care of yourself and please go see a doctor just to be sure of everything. Best wishes to you JS