1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baking soda + skin?!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Miles D, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Miles D

Okay, so my newly acquired packer (read: fake, silicone penis) gets smelly and dirty and to keep it not-sticky and not-stinky I use baking soda... I keep a ziploc baggy with baking soda and then I put the packer in it, shake it around, and then shake off the excess baking soda.

so I have a question: if I have baking soda against my skin possibly 24 hours a day (with breaks & showers, though) will that do anything bad/weird to my skin? :grin:

thanks!
    p.s. yeah... this is really awkward. :icon_redf

2. HalfInsane

I think that I heard somewhere that you can actually use baking soda to sooth dry/itchy skin? I'm not totally sure though... but if that's the case than I can't see it being an irritant.

3. KaraBulut

You should be cleaning your silicone toys with soap and water not baking soda. You can use an antibacterial hand soap if you like. Just give it a good rinse after washing it.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Baking soda?
    You know what would do a better job of keeping it dry between cleanings?
    Baby powder! I mean, that's what baby powder is for, keeping baby bums dry to prevent diaper rash. I personally use baby powder in my shoes to keep them dry and sweat free.
    Plus, it's dead cheap.

Like KaraBulut said, make sure to wash it everyday, but if you don't have a chance to wash it all the time, I would suggest baby powder.

5. Miles D

I do wash it with soap, but after that it's sticky so i have to powder it... so next time I go into town I will definitely get baby powder! ...thanks.

6. VanceA

Corn starch might work as long as you dust off an residual starch before hand. I don't think would be an issue. Or perhaps talc might work too, but that might be dependent if you have a sensitivity to it.

7. winnah2

winnah2 Guest

May be worked.

8. aerwolfen

baby powder is the real thing i use it after i shave the nether regions,keeps the boys nice and dry and sweaty free,i highly recommend the baby powder,.

9. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

You should have any problems with baking soda having contact with your skin if you do seem to have irration wash the area with soap and water try not to have to much contact with it anything of to much isnt good for you but like KaraBulut said use soap and water to clean....