1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial Hair Oddity?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by 24601, Jun 27, 2007.

1. 24601

Hey,

So, I'm naturally somewhat hairy (not like a beast but, I think you get what I mean), and have very quickly growing facial hair. I shave every day and need to spend a long time doing it to make it look decent (I found a neat trick that using a tiny bit of shampoo and conditioner on my beard really makes it softer, after rinsing with warm water, I need at least three "passes" to make it look decent - not completely clean - but just decent). But all that's not the problem. I think I can show the "problem" better with a diagram.

This is the pattern of my facial hair:
    [​IMG]

I've basically stopped growing, and this pattern has remained relatively the same though gotten thicker over time. Any of you guys out there have a problem like this? The only reason it's a problem is if I don't shave it looks awkward, and my 5 o'clock shadow (so to speak, during the summer I shave around midday so it's later I guess) looks kinda strange too. Will it be stuck like this? I don't want to not shave, but it's also kind of weird, for the above stated reasons.

Thanks.

Ryan

2. Micah

I've found that the facial hair on the the left side of my face grows a little faster than on the right side. My facial hair is far from fully developed (despite shaving everyday).

How long have you gone without shaving? When you don't shave for a really long time does it still go "wonky"?

Also: Is it really noticable or is it just something you've noticed and now made you self conscious? I'm pretty sure its just something that happens while you're still developing you facial hair =]

3. 24601

I shave every day, sometimes twice a day if I'm doing something that night. I used to not shave as much and it was pretty obvious. When I shave it's not that noticeable, but when I go even like 5-10 hours after my shave the stubble appears just on the right bottom side of my chin, kinda awkward looking. Hopefully it will fill out eventually, though.

4. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually shave everyday, but sometimes I'll wait until the following day.

5. Double Dubya

I am the same way:dry:. One side is considerably thicker then the other. I don’t have a whole lot and I hit puberty kind of late, besides the fact that I have never let it grow past the stubble stage. My hair dresser says that the hair on the top of your head will grow faster on one side then the other too. She said it is because one side will always get a little more blood then the other, and being that the heart is on the left, mens beards tend to be a little thicker on the left side just because of our “plumbing”. I don’t know if any of it is true but it seems to make a little sense. :icon_wink

WW

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im 16 now and still dont have to shave but i still have no hair still any where except for on my head:confused:

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know - my beard is equally thick everywhere. I hate it.

8. Mine's all blond so you can barely see it. Lucky me I guess

9. CrimsonThunder

Mine grows pretty fast as well and I always get drilled at work. I've never noticed it growing faster one one side though, all I can think of is that at one stage you didn't shave one side properly so it grows faster on the other side.

10. Kimi

I don't think it's odd...at all.

My facial hair around my chin is still very little but my left side of chin has more hair than right side. But that's because my friend removed my facial hair around my chin(especially right side of my chin)
    I usually shave once a week...well lately, I do it once in 6 days:grin: