1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone and Libido

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beoof, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Beoof

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am agender but want to appear more masculine and am really interested in looking into getting on testosterone suppliments. I know I wont for a long while because I do want to physically have kids and I don't want to change my hormones and such until after. But I'm hoping for to get onto it within the next 10 years. Until then I am trying to find out as much as I can. Which leads to my question.

Up until this past month or so I have always had a very very high libido. Like if I was a dog I'd be humping every one I mets leg 24/7 kind of high haha. It drives my demisexual partner crazy sometimes but she knows thats just how I am and we respect eachother. But for the past month or so I have had zero sex drive, which has annoyed me greatly as sex is a very strong stress reliver for me. I have found that it could be my medication for anxiety and depression although I have been taking it for roughly 7-8 months. But it has got me wondering and slightly worried about how testosterone might affect my sex drive. I know it is common for it to up most peoples sex drive but its not that way for everyone.
    So long story short, how strongly could testosterone affect my libido in either way of hightening or lessening it?

2. PanPan

Out Status:
    Some people
    What medication are you taking for your anxiety/depression? I've been taking lexapro, a notorious libido killer. Apparently buspirone is a good medication for anxiety if you wanna keep your libido (they just prescribed that to my brother haha). I don't know much about testosterone, though. But thought I'd give some insight on the meds side of things!

3. Beoof

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take a low dose of cytalotapram(god I doubt I spelled that right) and I don't know much about any kinds of anxiety/depression meds. I just started taking them with the help of my partner encouraging me past my distrust of medication so I'm not very knowledgable past what my doctor says.

4. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it spelled citalopram?