1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Ways To Stop Acne

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by panda, Mar 28, 2009.

1. panda

2. djt820

Im gonna have to try changing my diet. My diet is horrible to begin with and Im out of shape and my acne is at its absolute worst.

3. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

Diet does have a very important factor when a person has acne, The fats and oils in food love to move to different parts of your body and settle in your pores which will eventually cause a person to have acne.However not to worry all teens experience acne at some point just make sure you keep a healthy diet and make sure that you take showers daily.

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. nametakenagain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Accutane is anything but simple...

6. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ Yeah, but it clears it fast, the only problem is the dryness during those months. The dryness goes away, and you have perfect skin for life. (until wrinkles come)

7. Gumtree

There is no such thing as a "simple" answer to acne.

There's many different types; some of which have nothing to do with diet at all.

8. Miles D

ummm... yeah, but it's the only drug categorized as "category X"; its GUARANTEED to cause birth defects.

9. silentsound

my brother was on accutane for a while. It is a pain in the ass and he was absolutely tortured by chapped lips, but his skin looked great. Now he is off it the problem hasn't really come back either. Seriously though it is so hardcore that you can only ever be on it three (or maybe two) times in your life... it's a definite last resort

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>ummm... yeah, but it's the only drug categorized as "category X"; its GUARANTEED to cause birth defects.

Reminds me of what a diabetic friend said of a restaurant's dessert. "Totally worth a foot or an eye."

Lex

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah it's hardcore but only if your pregnant on the pills does it bring birth defects. They warn you with a huge book thing all about it. Men don't have to worry about it as much. I took a low dosage and they vanish in two months.

I recommend it to anyone with severe acne because acne scars aren't worth it, and the acne itself. As long as you moisterize during it (I didn't so chapped lips) then you should be fine. Severe though.

12. PurpleTomato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm in the program for taking accutane. They make you take two antibiotics first to see if that does the trick before they allow you to take it.
    Benzoyl peroxide products didn't work for me. Now I'm on sulfur-based stuff and it's better for my skin type.

13. revolutionrock

As far as simple solutions go, I've heard that tea tree oil can do the trick. Been meaning to try it; I'm much more into natural remedies than pharmaceuticals.

I'd suggest using it before bed if you're going to. It is pretty rank, so prolly not ideal for day use. :slight_smile:

14. Gumtree

Tea Tree is an effective treatment for some forms of acne, and is a good preventative practice.

Best method to use is dilute a teaspoon or two into a small bowl of warm water, dab onto clean skin with cotton wool and rinse off with cool water after a few minutes.

15. LexTalionis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Am I the only one that likes the smell of tea tree oil? Lol
    Everyone says it smells funky to them, but I find it clean and refreshing.

On topic though, I tried using it for two weeks-ish. Forgot where I read it, but they suggested putting a drop or two on a q-tip and applying it to the affected areas after washing your face. It didn't really help me though, sadly. Maybe I didn't use it long 'nuff, but eh.

16. SirBoobalot

17. Gumtree

Not sure if it would "cure" acne but it would certainly make it the least of the worries!

18. curiousdude

I took accutane in college and it worked great! Once you get past the dryness while you're on it, it's all good.

19. Coldflame

Accutane is probably the most powerful method of getting rid of acne. However, it can come at a price. There is a large list of side effects that have been attributed to accutane, including hair loss. Although it has not been proven yet, many records show that users developed a suicidal depression.

all in all, I probably wouldn't choose this method straight off the bat, especially if you are depressed as it is. There are a lot of other medications you can try out before that. I'm currently using clindoxly gel. It's a combination of benzoyl peroxide, a chemical that oxygenates the affected pores helping to kill the anaerobic bacteria that infect it, and an antibiotic clindomyacin. This stuff is working absolute wonders for me. I have barely any acne on my face now after being seriously affected by it for the past year.

One thing that should definitely be mentioned about all acne treatments is that none of them work right away. It can take about a month before you start to see the effects of most medications, or in my case 2 months. If you are going to try some method of medication, you have to be prepared to stick with it for a couple of months before completely ruling it out.

20. Peter

Concrete