1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elbow Pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EM68, Mar 29, 2009.

1. EM68

About a month ago I fell and landed square on my elbow. Ever since it has been sore as hell. Last week I went to the doctor and they took an xray of it and there is no break or chip. They gave me some Tylenol with codin so I can sleep. I have been icing it and taking ibuprofen but it still kills. I can hardly straighten out my arm. I am so uncomfortable right now. I called my doctor and they want me to see an orthopedic doctor this week. Is there anything else I can do in the mean time?

2. Mickey

Maybe try to immobilize it? Like make your own sling and keep it from moving.
    You seem to be doing all you can. I would suggest not using heat,as it can make it worse.
    I sure hope you feel better,soon.

3. KaraBulut

Since you're taking acetaminophen with codeine at night, you might also add ibuprofen or naproxen during the day. These are anti-inflammatory drugs that will help lessen the inflammation as well as reduce the pain.

4. EM68

It doesn't seem to help too much. My elbow has a sharp pain that goes up to my hand.

5. EM68

I was able to make an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor tomorrow. My primary care physician mailed me a list of doctors to call. It took me a bit to find one that could see me this week. Half of the offices were closed or had wrong phone numbers. :bang:

6. EM68

I went to the doctor today and he said I have olecrenon bursitis. I have to order a padded elbow sleeve to wear for about a month. Also I just need to rest so that means no gym for a while.