1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble sleeping?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Stuie, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Stuie

I've been sick with asthma and a chest infection the last week, which would ordinarily make me very tired, but I've more been totally unable to sleep. I'm fairly certain it's not the prednisolone I'm taking as I've taken many courses of it before and never had trouble sleeping and the antibiotics I'm on don't seem to cause insomnia either (although they do cause a bit of nausea which may be part of it).
    I was really tired last night and woke up far too late this morning and still felt tired when I woke up. Since it's past one on a school morning, does anyone have any suggestions for helping to get to sleep and don't tell me to stay in bed as I'm in bed and have been for the last 2 and a half hours. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. ricoca

Stuart, if you can't sleep don't stay in bed. Walk around, watch tv but only get on your bed when you want to sleep. Like if within 15 minutes you don't fall asleep, get up and do something else till you feel sleepy.
    Plus, if yours is a laptop, TURN IT OFF! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it's distracting you from your sleep.

Other than that, eat some food lol. That works really well for me. Like a glass of milk with honey :grin:

3. Mickey

It very well could be the prednisone. While it may have never bothered you before,it is known to cause insomnia. Not to mention all the other gross side effects! If you want to know for sure,call the DR or call the pharmacy and ask them.

4. Thisisnew

Music helps me fall asleep.

5. Just Adam

music helps and beeing around my mate helps hes relaxing :grin:.

the one sure fire thing i find for getting to sleep and its been documented is masturbation :grin: hehe

6. VanceA

with all my different Asthma medications the only time ive had a good nights sleep is when im not on them.

7. Mickey

The inhalers are bad ,too. Most all asthma meds.are like taking speed. That's what helps open up the broncual (sp?) tubes.

8. Stuie

Does anyone else find prednisolone also kills libido as well? I also think I kind of stuffed up the dosage on the first day which possibly explains the more side effects than usual. I also think lack of sleep doesn't help libido either. Blech!

9. Mickey

When I'm on prednisone,I hide myself away 'til I'm through with it.
    I get the fat face and the mood swings. I get insomnia so that's why I mentioned it.
    My libido sorta died a while ago because I have a lot of other medical issues and some of the meds. I'm on,kill all desire.Prednisone is only one of many that I take.

10. VanceA

yeah my libido is mostly gone too. Its slowly coming back since ive started regulating my asthma better though.

11. Stuie

Yeah, I noticed my libido has been back a little after finishing my course of prednisolone. Thanks everyone! Especially for putting up with my awful mood swings for the whole time!

12. ricoca

libido = sex drive?

awww Stuart. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    good to have you back :grin:
    take care of yourself yeah?

13. TriBi

Never had to worry about medication side effects much - if I can't sleep I exercise - then I get tired - then I sleep. :slight_smile: