1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sleeping enough

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fiorino, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Fiorino

For the last month or so, I've been waking up at 2-4am randomly.
    and that's going to bed at 11-11:30 (sometimes later) and waking
    up at 6:50 most days (some times it's 7:50).

This isn't normal. What's wrong with me?
    and yes-I haven't been getting enough sleep for a long time.

2. Miles D

I went through a period of similar sleep habits, going to bed late, waking up in the middle of the night, then waking up again early. for me it was after a break up, and I was really down. also i was stressed because of school.
    working through my problems with my therapist helped (even though I slept through and missed a bunch of our appointments!) and I also took Tylenol PM before bed, and it seemed to help.
    so try to destress & try Tylenol PM. if that doesn't work, maybe there's a bigger problem and you should see a doctor.
    good luck! :icon_mrgr

3. adamattack

i went through this as well..
    if you're scared of becoming dependant on tylenol pm, there is a supplement called melatonin (you can find it in the vitamin aisle) that is the natural hormone that your body releases to tell it that its sleepytime.
    it works wonders.
    and the best part is, you dont need to worry about becoming dependant or taking too much

4. tm74

tm74 Guest

Fiorino - I don't know if it's relevant, but I found that cutting down on caffeine (and cutting it out completely after about 6pm every evening) helped me sleep properly.