1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can one shave their face with shaving cream for legs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BeautifulStranger, Mar 30, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

I do this thing where I'll let my facial hair grow out for about 4 days (it looks like 2 weeks of growth... I have the hair growing gene) and I didn't realize this time that I'm out of shaving cream.

So, could I use leg shaving cream on my face?

2. riddlerno1

i dont personally see why not, it goes on skin the same way. But then again im no expert. When i run out of shaving foam, i use really thick soap.

3. Eleanor Rigby

You probably can, once in a while...

4. BeautifulStranger

I got super lucky and I managed to squeeze enough out of my shaving cream can.

So I won't find out if it's safe or not.

Note to self: Buy shaving cream!

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've shaved with shaving cream, shaving soap, shaving oil, soap, shower gel, and nothing at all. Generally, the non-shaving stuff (even nothing) works fine, but the beard tends to remain tougher. It helps to leave the non-shaving stuff on for several minutes to help soften it before you start, and it's an ideal time to break in a new blade. Just try not to be too aggressive, because I've come through it looking like I fell facefirst into a wood chipper...

Lex

6. KaraBulut

It's fine to use. Just make sure it's not a depillatory like Nair. Depillatories are too harsh for use on the face.

You can also use soap and water or a lotion-moisturizer- they work just as well although you may have to wash the blade more often since they tend to gum-up the razor more often than shaving cream.

7. Mana

Well I've used face shaving foam on my legs.... so I know that THAT combination is okay... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. TriBi

^ Ditto. When I used to shave my legs twice a week for cycling. Never even heard of 'leg shaving cream'...

9. Just Adam

could be worse atleast u got a razor and not asking if a hedge trimmer will do...:grin: handwash can work aswell just clean excess off quicly or it dries and makes u look like u got skin problem :S

10. pianolover95

yup. I did as last resort once