1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fordyce Spots: Common or Not??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sen1234, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Sen1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I recently found out that I have what are known are fordyce spots. They are basically visible sebaceous glands that appear as small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter may be located on the scrotum, shaft of the penis or on the labia. *In my case they appear on my labia. They aren't associated with any STD, however I think they are very unsightly. There really is no cure for them. Since they are harmless most doctors advise against treatment such as laser removal. With me they are really visible and there are a lot of them. *I've read that they are common and many people suffer from this. I was just wondering if that is true? I want to start being sexually active but I am really self conscious about what my sexual partner may think.

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have those on my labia. I think my boyfriend might have them on his scrotum. I don't know how common it is, but I don't think that it is something to worry about people judging.

3. TheGreyBetween

Fordyce spots can occur on your lips as well. I have them there. I don't really like them either, and I'm sure I have them downstairs as well, but they are harmless. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have them. I freaked out when they first popped up, I was convinced I had herpes! But you're fine. I doubt a good partner will care, and you probably want to avoid lasers going anywhere near a sensitive area like that.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Remember, the lights won't be shining brightly when "the time" comes. I recommend candlelight. :slight_smile:

6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have these "downstairs". I hate them. I don't think anyone would notice them, but I can feel it. Like a grainy texture. Egk.