1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nausea after waking up

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by killswitch0029, Nov 12, 2016.

1. killswitch0029

So for the past 3-5 years I would say, whenever I wake up I feel kind of nauseous and can't/don't eat out of fear of making it worse. Usually this only lasts a few hours and I'm perfectly fine after that.

I'm a guy so I know it's not morning sickness, and when I try to use the internet to get some insight I've been told it's everything from cancer to the bubonic plague (Googling your symptoms is the best way to convince yourself that you're dying I guess, lol).

So if there's anyone knowledgeable about this sort of stuff I'd appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

2. Ryler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey killswitch, have you talked to your doctor about this yet? I actually went through this a couple of weeks ago, waking up in the morning feeling absolutely nauseous and I was very lethargic, lost weight, and eating anything makes me want to throw up (even though I actually never vomited). I thought I had all sorts of diseases through googling, but my doctor assured me that I didn't have any of those (liver cancer, etc). She told me that the possible reasons for my nausea was acid reflux or a stomach bug. She gave me medication for acid reflux, and after a few days my nausea was gone and my eating habits were back to normal.

I think the best bet for you is to speak with your doctor so they can get down to the bottom of it, since you've been experiencing this for years already. I've had nausea in the morning over the years but it wasn't on a daily basis, more on and off. The only time that the nausea really affected me was a couple of weeks ago like I explained above, where the nausea was everyday for about 2 weeks in a row.

Also, try not to worry yourself too much with what Dr. Google tells you (I've been there lol)! Just speak with your doctor and if something from Google concerns you, you can speak to them about that too.