1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dildo smell

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ITKintheknow, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ITKintheknow

ITKintheknow Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i like to anally masturbate a lot, and i bought a dildo lately. but it smells really strongly of latex, is this normal? is this safe to use?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ITKintheknow,

I'm no expert, but from what I understand, there shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it clean. The latex smell is annoying. Latex dildos are the next step up from rubber, but less desirable than silicone - especially the German-made (higher priced, of course) medical-grade silicone dildos. Besides the latex smell, though, the only potential issue with the latex dildos is that they have high allergic reaction rate (they use a cheaper than the latex used in condoms) so if it starts to feel oddly 'uncomfortable' that may be an issue for you. But that's just something to keep in mind and nothing to worry about initially.

I hope that helps.:slight_smile:

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Latex smell is stronger in the beginning. Over time and use (washing!), the smell will reduce, but probably never go away entirely.