1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you turned on/off by body hair?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by renard, Nov 22, 2016.

1. renard

renard Guest

I was having this conversation with a few friends, and the responses were pretty evenly mixed, so I'm curious what others think.

Personally, I like body hair a lot, but then I'm the type myself that's so hairy it would take an hour (at least) to shave everything, so I'd be kind of a hypocrite not to like body hair. But since, for some, it's a lot to take care of, I also wonder if this preference gets in the way of sex/dating/relationships at all.

(Bonus question: if you're attracted to men, do you like kissing guys with beards, or no?)

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure thing, although I wouldn't turn down a guy for not having any.

Facial hair's not my thing, though. Sorry.

3. Garyroberts

Garyroberts Guest

Excessive body hair turns me off, I love cleanly shaven guys in the pubic region but I accept most men will have some hair.

I think beards on men look stupid anyway, especially young lads so I give them a wide berth.

4. seeking

I'm not a man or anything. But style yourself and groom yourself the way that makes you happy. There will always be someone who likes it. "You can be the ripest, juiciest, peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches."

I always hate hair...I make sure to always be waxed and groom...hope to have permanent hair removal one day. I don't think I could be with someone with too much hair seems unclean to me.

#4 seeking, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  5. smurf

Of course it will.

But the point of dating is not to be able to date every single person. The point is to find the person who you can comfortably be yourself with.

The thing about hair is that you can change it. I have a friend that literally either shaves his whole body or goes full on hairy depending on what his current boyfriend likes. He doesn't care either way, so he is okay with doing that.

I have another friend who will never shave even if his boyfriend likes it because my friend prefers to be hairy.

Do what you like!

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on where the hair is. I prefer someone keep their pubic hair to some extent, although I prefer trimmed. I just don't like the fully bald look and am massively turned off by it.

I am also turned off by armpit hair, but It's not a dealbreaker.

I'm indifferent to legs. Shaved, hairy, don't care.

With men, It's more common for people to be turned off by large beards, so some maintenance is preferred to most people. There are some exceptions, but very large beards can look a bit unhygienic. I know some people also hate chest hair on men, but I think most except leg, armpit, and pubic hair.

7. Qwertuvle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like my own body hair, but I'm fairly indifferent towards other's.
    The same goes for beards really, but I think I prefer someone clean shaven.

8. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer guys naturally so if they're pretty hairless then go with that, if they're hairy then that's cool too. Don't have a preference of one over the other though. I love beards and stubble so kissing a guy with a beard is a yes from me but also don't mind if hes clean shaven either.

9. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me , I love hairy or non hairy men equally. I would like the said person to look like their natural selfs rather than be something else ^^

Beards tho are kinda a turnoff , but I don't cross it out :3

10. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall I wouldn't say I have a "type" per se. It all depends on the guy, and how various aspects of his body and personality work together.

Generally, I really like a moderate amount of body hair. I also like for the pubic hair to be natural (not shaved) but trimmed if it's too much. But more than how hairy his body is, I like a guy who's masculine and comfortable in his body. All of these things work together.

Patrick

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2016 at 10:04 PM ----------

To answer the second question, I generally do not like kissing a guy with a beard. The tickle of his hair on my chin/cheek is somewhat distracting. That being said, the beard can really work for some men overall, and depending on the guy it might be perfect because it's a part of him.

11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As my own personal feelings or whatever, I like to be clean shaved and personally prefer the way it looks and feels. If my legs aren't smooth as heck I correct that immediately.

So my preference is certainly defined, but that wouldn't stop me from dating someone I really liked. The personality and mind are far bigger issues the way I see it.

12. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd personally prefer if my partner shaves their legs on a regular basis, but I don't care too much. I have a hard time remembering myself, so I don't want to have a double standard. Haha. I prefer the inside person too, anywho. Between the legs, I actually prefer no shaving, because I know that there can be health risks sometimes with doing that and that would worry me. Also, I found the hair there kind of attractive, which is probably really weird, but that's just me.

Facial hair is horrible for me, but I'm a bit biased because I'm fairly certain I'm not attracted to guys. It's just so scratchy and who knows what's in it. Blegh. I don't want my mouth near that.

13. dwightc

dwightc Guest

Hmm...

[​IMG]

Turns me on alright...

You know, I finally get to be myself now...!
    Before, I could never express myself self like this to anyone, but now, I feel free. Yes I do feel freer. :slight_smile:

A little body hair is good for me, too much hair usually is a no go, but if its clean cut, my light switch is on!

14. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I myself find both hot equally.
    Sometimed hairy sometimes shaven.

Kissing is a bearded man is great too. I don't thimk that people care about hair that much.

15. randomconnorcon

I'm not the biggest fan of excessive body hair, but it's probably not a deal breaker either. A lot of my dislike is just because I don't like it on myself. Body hair in general, though, especially stubble - god yes.

16. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can handle minor or unnoticeable body hair.

I can handle a girl that doesn't shave her legs, as long as they don't look like they need a lawn mower. Thick and long leg hair turns me off, if it's just average leg hair, I don't even notice.

I'd prefer her to shave her armpits, but it's okay if she doesn't or doesn't regularly.

I feel similar with pubes as a do on leg hair, I don't want her to have a full blown bush, I'd like her to trim, I don't care if she's completely bald there or not, pubes don't bother me like with the legs, unless they were insanely thick and long I wouldn't think twice about them

17. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Excessive body hair is off-putting, especially if there's hair on the back and shoulders. That's my limit. Otherwise, I don't really mind it.

However, I am opinionated about beards, and in general I don't like them. Some guys can grow beards and it looks really nice on them but overall over 95 percent of guys with facial hair like clowns. My 2c. :slight_smile:

18. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm into guys with body hair, though I'm not a fan of furry guys. In general I prefer pubes with hair and enough manscaping to keep things neat.

As for kissing guys with beards, the guys I've dated don't have a beard but think I look good with a beard. I'm open to dating a guy with a beard as well.

19. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I like both girls and guys and I can say that in both cases I like body hair :slight_smile: Yeah, even in case of women, I don't see anything bad and scary if woman didn't shave her legs or arms :slight_smile:
    On the other hand body hair for me looks more attractive in case of guys, it just looks for me so masculine (I mean only appearance) :rolle: But it has never been the main cryteria for me in relationships :icon_bigg
    And yeah, I like beards, especially such stubble ones like in this galley on StyleMann for example :slight_smile: In case of some guys such style is amazing and yeah, I like to kiss with such type :rolle:
    One of my favourite stubble styles :rolle:

[​IMG]

20. mattni

I don't really like any hair, really, only the chest area and pubes.