1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HPV Vaccine.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by loveislove01, Dec 11, 2016.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 15 years, and I intend to be sexually active before marriage.
    I already have done some things, but refrained from intercourse.

My mom strongly believes in virginity, and doesn't want to get me vaccinated because her logic is if I only have sex with one man, and only for reproducing, it's almost impossible that I'll get anything of the sort.

I don't know what to do :/ I can't tell her I don't believe in her ideas of virginity, and I do want to get it so I can be sexually active and safe about it.

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2016 at 01:13 PM ----------

Despite the doctor urging her multiple times to let me get it, she says no and that I have "morals and I will not have sex or even kiss someone on the lips before marriage..."

Help?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The sad thing here is....you don't even need to have intercourse to get HPV. You can get it from oral sex and even handjobs. It's a skin-skin virus, which makes it all the more risky.

So really, the sooner you get this done the better. Your Mom is kidding herself if she thinks a teenager would refrain from all forms of sexual activity. It's uncommon. She is risking your health and possibly your life as HPV can lead to cancer if untreated.

What can you do to convince her? Is there anything your doctor can do?

3. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure on all the ways to get HPV. I've had two partners who had it very young. Don't judge me by failed relationships please. My first ex wife got pregnant at 16 and found out she had a form of HPV borderline to full blown cervical cancer. My second wife same thing at 18. Both got from first time lovers. I would push getting the vaccine for sure. I had a awkward conversation with my mother regarding my adopted little sister. I left it as don't ask what I was doing when I was 12 or so and don't assume she won't do the same. You can be a virgin and have sex one time and get HPV from the other partner. I'm glad you value and respect your sexual safety and hope you find a way to get that through to your mother.