1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acne

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jaska, Dec 15, 2016.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey so I have had pretty bad acne for my whole teenage years and have tried lots of different things to wash my face with, but nothing makes much difference. Since I've started T its been getting worse so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions? I mostly get it around my jaw and cheeks

2. killswitch0029

Drink a lot of water. It helps flush all the crap out of your system and staying hydrated helps to keep your skin healthy.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What anti-acne products have you tried?

When I was a Freshman in high school, I had mild acne. Mine wasn't severe at all, but I would get little acne bumps around my hairline. (I think mine was from not washing my foundation brush as much as I should have.) Even though my acne wasn't severe, it was very stubborn. My mom ordered Proactive; I know a lot of people may frown upon Proactive, but it actually worked for me. I used it one night, and two days later, my bumps were tiny scabs that I was able to scratch off. When I scratched them off, I saw clear skin underneath.

If you don't want to use Proactive (because it can be expensive), try using tea tree oil. Also, like killswitch said, drink plenty of water. You'd be surprised by how many products use tea tree oil in their ingredients. Plus, it's natural.

If that doesn't work, you may want to see a dermatologist. I have a friend who went to one and got pretty good results. They did something with a needle-like tool and kinda cleaned her face by poking at the acne (she said it was not painful). If you do go to the dermatologist, do not take steroid cream. I've heard bad things about putting something that strong on the face.

#3 Anthemic, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016