1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood one day after anal sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rice and Pepper, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone!
    I will ask a doctor, but in the meantime, here is the story.

I had anal sex yesterday morning. During sex I did feel some minor pain around my sphincter, but not further in, and we stopped a couple of minutes after the pain appeared anyway. There was no blood during sex. No blood on the condom. After the intercourse, I inserted my finger in my butt, I didn't feel any pain, and there was no blood. During the day, I didn't feel anything uncomfortable either.

Today I woke up, again nothing strange, and had a bowel movement, the first one since the intercourse. I didn't feel pain, the color of my feces was normal, but there was a piece of mucus that was stained red, as well as some drops of blood. The water was colored a bit reddish. My butt was clean, no blood had dripped out of it, and my underwear was clean. I don't feel any discomfort.

This was my second time having anal sex, so I don't know what to expect. How concerned should I be?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's important to use plenty of lube during anal sex to avoid pain or tearing of the delicate tissue in and around the anus, and if necessary you should pause during sex to apply more lube. During anal, your partners dick should glide in and out easily and without any pain. If you do experience pain it's usually a sign that lube is/has dried out.

If you are bottoming you need to help your partner to enter you too. If you just lie or kneel there while he pushes or forces his dick into you, it's gonna hurt a bit, even with lube. To bottom well, you should push out (in the same way as taking a bowel movement) at the same time as the top enters you. In this way you will be accommodating his dick rather than resisting it and that's really important for bottoming.

If you have found a little blood today I would imagine it's down to insufficient lube or a rough entry. It should clear up, but don't hesitate to speak to a doctor about it. It's not a taboo subject in a consulting room, I promise you.

3. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Patrick! Thanks for responding.

I am aware of what you just said. We did switch positions many times so it would be comfortable for both of us. I never felt I was resisting his entry, and I never felt pain, as in friction pain, that's why I am most concerned. Due to my limited experience, I can't go into details of what may have caused it.

Anyway, I will see how this goes, and I will make sure to follow your advice more carefully next time. Thanks!

4. smurf

If the blood is bright red, then you shouldn't be concerned. Even with lube and preparation, anal sex is a rough act, so micro tears will happen from time to time.

You should worry once the blood is dark (rush to the ER if that happens) or if it doesn't stop after a day or so.