1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCOS question...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hawk, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a possibility that I may have PCOS, and I had a couple questions.
    If you have it removed, would I have to take a hormone replacement? Does a person have to get them removed?
    I don't plan on having kids anyway (well, not my own anyway), so being infertile doesn't bother me. If I don't have them removed, are there side effects? I have looked it up, and I seen treatment is just exercise, eating healthy and weight control (which I'm not overweight anyway (125-130 lbs)).
    How many people live with it?

If I do have PCOS, I don't know if I'd want to anything about it anyway, but I was curious if there's long-term side effects if you don't do anything about it.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, since you're Demiguy, you might like some of the side effects. XD Excess hair is one of them, as well as extra testosterone. But then again, there's other awful side effects, such as weight gain, very painful periods, very heavy periods, irregular periods, and a higher risk of diabetes. If I were demimale, I'd probably have my ovaries removed. But that's only because when I decide something, I go big into that decision. And yes, you will have to have hormone replacement because your body will go into surgical menopause. I don't know if getting T shots will help with the lack of estrogen. It might be something worth mentioning to your doctor.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not painful or anything, it's just very irregular and I'm never sure of when it'll come, but other than that it's not horrible (pain wise). I think the only reason I might get them removed is if I inherited ovarian cancer from my dad's side *knocks on wood*.
    I don't want to get them removed though either because I do like the little bit of facial and body hair that comes with it without the needles.

I guess I'm just worried if PCOS (if I do officially have it, I'm 99% sure I do), will cause any health issues in the future if I don't do anything about it, just because I like the androgens I get with it.

If I do have them removed in the future, and I do need hormone replacement, I'd like the same levels I currently have, maybe this is a question for a doctor, but I don't think I'd just want T or just want E, but a mix or both (if that's even safe).

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2016 at 11:23 PM ----------

Maybe I'll make an appointment in the summer sometime, just to get checked, see if it's anything to even worry about.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's good that you don't have to deal with the painful side effects. You may want to try seeing your OB/GYN, and tell them about your concerns regarding ovarian cancer on your dad's side. My doctor told me that each year you have PCOS, you increase your chance of getting diabetes by 10%. Not sure if that's true for everyone.

I understand what you mean, though. Sorry if this is personal, but when you say you identify as Demiguy, does that mean that you see yourself as both genders but mostly male? I'm asking so I can better understand where you're coming from, so I can answer your questions more thoroughly.

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind of, but more-so male. If I were to put my gender into a percent, I'd say maybe 75% male, 25% female, give-or-take. I'd say it's partially fluid, but even on "female" days I'm still masculine. I just don't like saying I'm genderfluid because when I use to identify that way it makes me kind of anxious waiting for when it'll change or not.

Once this school year is finished, I'll probably make an appointment to get checked.