1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies how do I figure out my lurtheral phase

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Shasta, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    In the future I would like to try to conceive, but have had trouble in the past with timing. I always miss it.

2. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would say to download a period app, like Clue. After you put in your cycle information, it gives you a general window of when you are most fertile. An after finishing the whole bleeding part of a cycle, there is usually a block of a few days when you are very aroused. That is most likely your fertile window. That is only my experience, so I'd recommend downloadin Clue. It's free and very educational. Plus it helps track your period, which is awesome.

3. TMI, but when your discharge is super heavy just after your period i heard thats when you are most fertile.

4. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    P tracker is also a good app for that

5. robclem21

[​IMG]

The pink is your most fertile time as this is when the egg is released from your ovary. Sperm can last for 4-5 days in your genital tract so sex just before day 14 of your cycle (with day 1 starting on your first day of menstruation) is the ideal time to get pregnant. This is also assuming you have a regular 28 day cycle.

The luteal phase of the menstrual cycle is usually stable at 14 days. Therefore, if you have a longer cycle 30-32 days (which is completely normal), you should have intercourse between day 16-18 of your cycle. Again, some variation is normal and this system is not perfect, but its generally affective to get pregnant this way within 6 months.

You can also track your basal body temperature and look for a small drop and then a spike in temperature. There is more information on this here: Ovulation symptoms: Basal body temperature and cervical mucus | BabyCenter