1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Preferences

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dyl pickle, Jan 1, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off - for those of you wondering why someone as young as me is asking about this - I am asking for a friend (i know that sounds like a stereotypical excuse/lie, but I really am xD)

So, my friend Hayden is FtM and doesn't have an account for EC (though I am encouraging him to get one), and wanted me to ask this question for him: can a trans male be okay with his female genitalia being interacted with during sex? There are trans males who this causes dysphoria for, but for him, it doesn't and he has expressed to me on several occasions that this worries him that he might not be valid.

Thoughts?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trans...but I know for a fact that this is true for some trans men. Some are too dysphoric, some aren't.

I'm a cis woman that doesn't like having my genitals interacted with during sex for the most part (there are some exceptions) so it makes sense that a trans person could be the opposite.

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that (I've explained the same to him but I think it will help him to hear it from several people). <3

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Totally valid. Well within the bounds of... well I don't quite know what. But liking your parts is pretty convenient. Or to put it another way, dysphoria isn't always fun.

5. Prygan

I'm ftm and although I have quite some dysphoria there, I know a lot of other ftm's are okay with their parts and use them while having sex with their partners. It can be difficult to find a partner who is okay with one not looking stereotypically male or female, but certainly not impossible. I'm not so comfortable using that particular part of my own body during sex, but prefer having sex in other ways, but always have to be very clear about that with my partners as they all just assume I'm perfectly fine with the way my body looks. I don't really mind explaining such things though. But my advice to your friend is: communication is important, letting that/those future partner/s know how he relates to his body and what is okay and what isn't. A lot of ftm's are okay with their lower parts, and it's not weird or bad at all. Actually I've gotten the impression that it's quite common.

6. It's certainly not impossible; our genitalia bring us pleasure and if that pleasure happens to override any dysphoria, so be it. Personally, I don't normally have dysphoria concerning my lower half and can interact with myself without feeling dysphoric about it. I don't use "typical" AFAB techniques, but interacting with my lower half isn't a negative experience. I get dysphoric about my breasts and the shape of my overall body.