1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about masturbation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RavenTheRat, Jan 1, 2017.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I started masturbating about a year ago, and I'm 16 AFAB. Being a hypochondriatic and anxiety ridden person, I was worried and am still worried about wether or not what I do is "normal". So I have two questions;
    1) i masturbate once a day, usually climaxing multiple times. Is that too often? I've found some sources that say the max should be once a month :/ it doesn't interfere with my social life or anything though
    2) it usually takes me 10-20 minutes to orgasm. Is that too long? I'm a virgin, so I don't really have anything to compare myself to......

Thanks for answering my awkward can't-ask-my-parents stuff guys :slight_smile:

2. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started masturbating around 11. Climaxed multiple times, was a virgin till 16. You do whats right for you, and makes you happy. Masturbation is normal and your private right, and you dont have to explain what and why to anyone. No matter what anyone says.

3. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree and I don't think there's anything to worry about, medically, physically or otherwise. I think I was around 11 also and I never gave it any thought. I did it whenever I felt like it which was often, sometimes several times a day. I'd worry more if you weren't doing it since it's universal. Do it whenever and however often it suits you and don't worry about it.

4. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Fuck the idea that other people get to have a say in your body. Fuck them for trying to limit your pleasure. It's your body, by yourself. As long as you're enjoying what you're doing, you're doing it right! If you aren't enjoying what you're doing, that doen't make you bad or wrong; you've gathered useful data on what you don't like so you can find things you do like instead!

There is a stereotype that AFAB people masturbate less than AMAB people. It may or may not be true, but that combined with general discomfort or dismissal of female sexuality means good data on AFAB teenagers masturbating may be hard to find. Whatever "normal" even is, having outliers is part of a normal distribution of data, so if you think you are an outlier then that is still normal, if that's something you're worried about.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no such thing as too often or not enough when it comes to masturbating. Doing it every days is normal (especially during teens and early 20's) and is only a bad thing if it becomes an addiction (leaving family, friends, and important duties to do it). The max should be once a month? Wtf? I've never heard that before. That is very very low, although that's about as much as I do it as I have a low sex drive. Others with higher drives deserve to have a release.

It takes females longer to orgasm, but they usually have more powerful ones as a result. That's about the length of time it takes me to orgasm too, even though I dislike orgasms and prefer to hold them off longer.

6. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As what others have said: it only becomes a problem if it takes over your life, do it publicly etc...

Nothing wrong with what you are describing.

7. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    whoever said once a month wasn't born with reproductive organs lol that's ridiculous...i agree with what everyone above me has said...and everything you've said sounds pretty normal to me

8. chjofl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay so Im sorry this has nothing to do with ur question, but I am new to this website and I just can't find where I should post my question...

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2017 at 09:47 AM ----------

Okay wait I found it finally, I'm so sorry I had to post this under your question!!!

9. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there! :slight_smile: Don't be ashamed of masturbating or feel guilty, practically everyone does it (I do it too haha)! Whoever said that you should only masturbate once a month is ridiculous. You can if you want, but there isn't really a limit to how many times you should do it. As long as it doesn't interfere with your social life, education or sleep, then it's fine. I honestly masturbate almost everyday and sometimes do it twice in a day and it's completely normal!

I also take around 10 to 20 minutes to reach climax so it's ok! :slight_smile: (Also, some people take longer than others so don't worry). To me, you are totally normal!

10. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only once a day? You're underdoing it girl. Get with it!

OK, really what I would give as sober advice is just what all the above posters said anyway. So I just cut loose with what flashed through my minds as I was reading your starting post.

11. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm male so I hope I'm not intruding, but I'd say the average is probably around once daily. That's about how much I usually masturbate, and 10-20 minutes is likely average as well.