1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for any WOMEN (women only read please!) who have come out Later in life?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by cate1515, Jan 1, 2017.

1. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am 34, was married to a man for 10 years in process of separation and I have been in relationships with women for the past 2 years(1 for 1.5 years and that ended and now someone else). When I visited my OBGYN last year for my annual exam I did tell them I had a new sexual partner for purposes of being examined properly, but i did not tell them that it was a woman. The Dr. even asked me about plans to have more children, if "he" had children, etc and I couldnt say my new partner was a woman. Im going back again soon and Im still not sure what to say. Im on birth control pills only bc i like it bc i dont get periods. The practice is a "catholic health practice" even though Im not catholic my mom went there so i did also and they have been great to me delivered my son but there is all sorts of pamphlets on "natural family planning for catholics" and all and nothing about same sex so I am kinda nervous they will say something. NO I dont care what they or anyone think but I am still nervous to speak up! Thoughts?

2. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure you should have to mention it. Testing is pretty much the same for women regardless of orientation- actually less if neither had ever been with a man.

3. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As what Bunnydee said. There really isn't a reason for it to come up. I mean, the only time I'm ever asked about anything remotely sexual orientation is if I am sexually active, and since I have never been, it usually ends at that. If I were sexually active, I think the questions about birth control would come up, and that would give it away, but if you are already on the pill--I can't see why it would matter.

Now, hypothetically, if you wanted to have kids with a female partner...then that would be an issue, because women can't get women pregnant naturally. And I definitely wouldn't stay at a clinic that preaches "natural family planning" as I knew some hardcore catholic who thought babies conceived by IVF were not real people.

But I guess cross that bridge when you get to it?