1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top surgery, weight, and weight loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cailan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've lost 32 pounds since August, but my weight loss has plateaued. I want to get top surgery ASAP, but the doctors won't do it unless I lose another 25 to 30 pounds.

How do I lose that much SAFELY and quickly? I have been considering reduction surgery for literally decades (1991 was the first time I distinctly remember wanting it) and it has become intolerable, for both physical and emotional reasons. I'm a G/H cup, and I'd like to get down to a D or so, so I can reduce my physical pain and so I can bind. I bound for the first time today and it was so awful I gained a new level of dysphoria from my male side.

I don't have the money for a gym or equipment, and my house is not exactly safe for exercising (floor supports need replacing). The weather is REALLY not good. I have cold-induced asthma which pretty much hits as soon as I walk outdoors. Running or other cardio outdoors would have me dying of asthma.

2. Really

Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's great!

Going forward, I suggest you work on what you're eating. I don't know if you've already been working on portion control and journaling everything you eat but that's what's going to make the most difference. Exercise is great but unfortunately it's food where you'll see most of the results.

There are some apps out there that make it pretty easy. Lose It, Fitness Pal and others, I'm sure. Many of them have a support system built in where participants encourage each other. Good, right?

I'm not saying to stop exercising but the weight will start moving again if you try this.

3. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't done any exercising. It has all been through finally getting the right medications to control unrelated medical issues that affect weight and metabolism, and eating less (portion control).