1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with this drastic weight loss?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TylerHamRoll, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TylerHamRoll

TylerHamRoll Guest

Guys I need help.
    I've always been really unhappy with my weight and at the beginning of the year I was 7 and a half stone and 5 ft 1
    And I've basically been losing weight ever since.
    I haven't changed my lifestyle or anything
    I eat the same and do the same amount of exercise.
    But I just weighed and measured myself and I'm 6 stone 1lb and 5"3
    And I've started to look really skinny too.

If you look at my pics you can see a sort of before and after.
    I'm just worried I'll keep on getting thinner. Surely this can't be good for my body.

Help x

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Could it be, because your still growing taller?

3. Louise

You are seriously underweight for your height. As you enter adolesence you body changes and grows, this require enormous amounts of energy. Even if you don't feel hungry you need to force yourself to eat properly.
    What do you eat everyday? This will give me an idea if it is sufficient for a boy of your age? Also what physical activities do you do... even cycling to school or doing a paper round is a physical activity that burns up calories.
    You really don't want to let the situation get worse. What does your mum say about it?

4. TylerHamRoll

TylerHamRoll Guest

Ok, here's my food in an average day:

I dont tend to eat breakfast if that matters?
    I'll usually grab a Cornish pastie around lunch time
    I might have a quick snack afterwards (A mars bar or something like that)
    Then at about 3 I'll have a pita bread ( usually filled with salad or chicken)
    For din dins I usually have some sort of pasta and that's about it
    I also go through alot of diet coke
    Like a bottle a day

Physical stuff:
    I walk to school everyday (2 miles there and 2 back)
    I walk from my mums to my dads and back like once a day (their about 2 miles apart aswell)
    I do dance class 3 days a week for an hour and I go up town once a week which involves alot of walking ( usually 10,000 steps)
    I tend to avoid pe alot :slight_smile:

Thats about it really
    Could anybody tell me the ideal weight for a 5"3 13 year old? I want a target.

Oh and all my mum has said is that I look skinny really.
    Any tips for gaining weight? Like which foods to eat?

Thanks x

5. revolutionrock

Hmm, I'd say you're just not eating enough for all of your activities. You should load up on carbs before dance, for energy, an then make sure to get plenty of protein throughout the day. This comes from meat, nuts, and beans. Breads and greens have little to no protein. You may also look at supplements. I drink a whey protein shake in the morning in liou of an actual breakfast, and it keeps me full for quite awhile.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. katie

it sounds like u eat alot of carbs...and not much else!!! try to get some protien in ur diet...anything dairy really would help alot. pritien r really the building blocks for healthy weight gain.

u should have brekie: y not have a yoghurt or something like that? u need breakfast to start ur brain working for the day. hope this helps.

u do alot of walking, sounds like about 6-8 miles a day...why dont u try working on ur upper body, so the bulk isnt fat, but muscle...that would help u put on weight too: muscle weighs more than fat.

dont know if this is helpfull...hope the info's right!!

good luck!
    x

#6 katie, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Myke

Myke Guest

A growing body needs more food and energy. You are definitely eating too little and a more balanced diet. You seem to be lacking proteins, calcium and vitamins.

Start eating breakfast even if it's something little.
    Maybe start with some eggs of some sort and a glass of milk.

Eat more during lunch.
    Maybe a sandwich with some meat and cheese. Some form of snack and drink juice, diet coke is definitely not healthy even if it is diet.

A snack after school similar to what you're already eating.

For dinner, if you're having pasta, add some kind of meat in it, maybe chicken? Add some veges and you're good. Have a class of juice, water or milk. Drink more healthy liquids.

So basically you should try to eat bigger meals for lunch and dinner, start eating breakfast and snack in between. Eat more of a balanced meal, remember the 4 food groups and how many servings of each one you need a day. Drink more healthy liquids.

At 5'3" I think you should be around 100-110lbs, I don't know what that is in stones...

8. LiquidAxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll admit, on this side of the pond I don't have a clue what a "stone" equals. (And I'm too lazy to look it up right now.)

But your picture doesn't look sickly by any means. Assuming you have a doctor, it is common just to have regular checkups and easy enough to address these concerns. A physician can give the best medical advice regarding this. Depending on your metabolism it may be very hard to gain weight, and if you generally are full of energy and in good health, then there probably is no issue.

9. Louise

10. Apocalypte

1 stone = 14lbs.