1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Period issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Matto_Corvo, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate periods for obvious reasons but I need advice.

As of today I have been on my period for 9 or 10 days. Usually I never go past 5 days, so this is mildly concerning and a great incovience.

My period started out very very light. Like no tampon or pad needed but you wipe and there is blood. The blood itself was mostly the brown color of old blood. Not uncommon for my first day, neither is it being light. It tends to pick up after a few hours.
    Except this time the color stayed brown for 4 days, and it was light for about 5 days. After that it was red and only a hint heavier. Like a pad and a few light tampons. Day 7 was the same. Day 8 say the flow increase and switch to regular tampons. Day 9 (today) is heavier than 8 but not enough to switch from regular tampons.

To explain a normal period for me:
    -day 1- rather light flow, tampons are usually the light (purple) ones. Usually suffering from bad crams

-day 2- flow is heavier, a few cramps but nothing bad. Usually feeling exhausted. Tampons are the regular (yellow) kind, usually have to switch to super (green) tampons by end of the day

-day 3- flow/clot wise it is my heaviest day. Super and suppler plus tampon needed. Cramps are always done with by this time.

-day 4- flow starts to lessen and by end of day I am back to regular tampon

-day five- down to light tampons and by end if day period is done.

This is how it has been for the last 2 years. I'm not bothered by skipped periods because they aren't that uncommon for me (if taking in my first period from age 11 to now), but it last for this long has never happened.

I don't have a regular doctor. I can't afford to go one. So I'm pretty much stuck waiting to see if it stops or kills me.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So basically should I be worried or do people thing I will be fine?

3. Really

I wouldn't worry. It's annoying but not serious.

4. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you on any meds that could affect your cycle?
    Did you have a shorter cycle last time or longer in between cycles?

What your describing doesn't sound like anything to worry about. It seems like a system flush. I have that happen if I go longer than normal in between cycles or had a milder cycle the previous time.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Nope, no medication. It was a tad lighter than last time but not in a major way

6. YeahpIdk

Something similar has happened to me before. Sometimes periods are wonky out of nowhere. It sounds fine.

If it starts to do this regularly or you get weird symptoms like bleeding between periods/cramps between periods/strange periods, I'd bite the bullet and take a trip to the Dr.