1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need bra advice

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Assassin'sKat, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I want to get into running and working out a lot, but I don't have a good bra. I have pretty big boobs and they bounce a lot, and they start to hurt. That is in one sports bra. I've tried wearing a push up bra under a sports bra, and that helps with running, but then I can't do sit ups in that, or a few other things.
    I just can't win. Anyone have any idea what kind of bra I need?

2. Linkmaste

Depends on how big you are, I wear an under amour sports bra (I'm a C) and it keeps those suckers in there while I run.

Under Amour has really good stuff, even Addidas.

3. Geochick96

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually double up on good quality sports bras, it really helps with running and they are flexible/movable enough to not be in the way of other exercise's

4. lawlight

5. YeahpIdk

I've heard of people doubling sports bras, but the būband looks like it would do the trick. I don't have to worry becaue I don't run...lol.

#5 YeahpIdk, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Swimming/spinning are ways to avoid the jiggle problem. I know that's answering a question you didn't ask, but it's kind of related. Anyway, any workout is good.

7. LeticiaTheLesbo

I've seen some sports bras with built in cups/padding. These seem to help a lot from what I've heard. Personally I feel like doubling up would get to tight around my chest and constricting.

8. Sketchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mum and I both run, I'm a B/C cup and she's DD. The thing to look for is 'high impact' bras. You want there to be lots of seaming - under the cup, on top of the cup and diagonally across the cup. I think this helps give structure to the cup and stops things moving around. Adjustable straps are desirable as well as I find making the straps a bit tighter at the front can help pull up the bust and stop them jiggling so much. Support around the cups will help hold everything in as well - look for the thicker underbust bands. Generally, the less 'nice looking' bras are actually more functional; it can be better to have your bust 'squish' into 'one boob' - not an attractive look, but some people find this more comfortable for running. If possible, definitely go into stores and try them on; jump up and down a bit and see how the bra holds.

I wouldn't recommend doubling up or wearing very padded bras; as well as possibly being too tight, it will make you sweat more, making any exercise more uncomfortable.

I run a lot, so I like to think I know my stuff. If any thing else running-related comes up feel free to drop me a message (; And good luck!

Sketchy x