1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might have got HIV, and maybe another STD

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by joshy the queen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so.........i hooked up with this guy who, isnt really that much decent, his bed was a mess and the room smelled terrible and he was really like in a state of "dirty" person, dont judge me please, i know it was wrong, i kind of drinked a bit before it anyways, the thing is not him, the thing is what i got from him...
    so after the encounter i wake up next day with red rashes all over my chin, i freak out and i go to the medical sexual health center, they told me the rash could be an STD, and i told her i really dont trust the guy what if he has more than just this, she said the doctor there that anything is possible even HIV, she said though we will do testing after a month, as we cant test before, they gave me a cream for the rash, and some medications.
    ok now some of you might ask was i safe what did i do?
    ok exactly we made out for hours, then went to bed had oral sex, like intense oral sex, then he fingered me and i didnt let him to go further with anal.
    and thats it, i know it might not sound dangerous but what if i was the small percent who gets things from oral?
    what are the odds?
    im really scared and freaking out, i recently moved out of my parents house and just started living alone in a big city so.......thats so not a way to start my life
    any advice on this is appreciated

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Josh,

While it's possible that you have contracted a sexually transmitted infection that resulted in a rash, it doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds more like an allergic reaction.

As for HIV, based upon what you wrote of your sexual activities with him, it sounds like there's virtually no chance of you contracting HIV from him. While not impossible, it doesn't sound like it to me.

Of course, get tested when you can anyway, if nothing more than for peace of mind.

3. smurf

Yeah, your doctor is highly unqualified when it comes to STDs.

Even if you had gotten an STD, symptoms wouldn't have showed up the day after. It sounds more like an allergic reaction to something in his room. Even could be bed bugs.

Like it was said, nothing that you did has a high risk of HIV so the chances of you being infected are very, very low