1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Health risks behind hooking up with strangers?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by warrior452, Feb 18, 2017.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this guy messaged me on a dating site, and was like "wanna blowjob?" I'm a virgin. Although a little weirded out, I might be down, but I'm concerned over the health risks of making out/sex with a stranger. (Also he has no pictures, so there's that). Thoughts?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on what you're after. Personally, meeting up with some guy who, straight out of the gate, was asking about blowjobs is not something I'd find remotely appealing, especially if you aren't having any real conversation. But it depends on what you're comfortable with.

As far as health risks, there are some, but they're relatively minimal (gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc, both of which are treated effectively with antibiotics.)

If you decide to go forward, I'd suggest meeting first in a public place (coffee shop or something), talking for a few minutes, and seeing what sort of a vibe you get. I would not go anywhere in his car; follow him to wherever, as that gives you more control. If there's anything that seems out of sorts, or if he's asking you to be in a situation where you can't keep yourself safe and have a fair amount of control... then I'd avoid it.

Also, make sure you tell someone where you're going, when you expect to be back, andl leave information on the person you're meeting. I hate to say all this stuff as it sounds paranoid, but in this day and age, it makes sense to just cover your bases and protect yourself.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, depends on what your after.

Back when I had dating apps, ANY person that had a half-ass written bio, no profile picture, or messaged me for hookups was a 110% no. I don't/didn't do any hookups simply because I have no idea who the person has been with and when (and more importantly when he last got tested).

What I always did was, at the very least, get to know the person first. Then you can determine how comfortable you are with this person. I personally wouldn't suggest meeting up with someone just for sex. You don't exactly know their intentions.

4. kenn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's sounds super fishy, I wouldnt do it

5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree if they are hooking up they do that a lot and who knows who they have been with.

6. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the person has done this often and a lot. if you want a blowjob then ok but get it from someone you know, that can be tested and that is not an internet whore.