1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM Menstruation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dyl pickle, Feb 23, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm quite a "late bloomer" I suppose, as I only got my period for one or two days last month. I was hoping maybe it would hold off a little longer and not be the beginning of my period yet, but now, a month later, I got it again (this time much more).

I'm kind of freakin out a bit, and I guess I was just curious how the rest of you approach the situation (mainly dysphoria-wise).

<3

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The mini-pill has been a life saver for me. I can't imagine using male loos during that time of the month. The pill I'm on is called Cerelle but any progesterone-only pill that you take daily may help you out. For some it stops it completely (been on it around 9 months and only had one incident and before that I was having one every 3 weeks lasting 10 days each and very heavy and painful) but others don't find it so useful. It's worth trying different pills if one doesn't work for you.

Other than the pill it's all about self care. Make sure you're stocked up on pads/tampons etc. So you're not stressing and have a hot water bottle handy. Things to distract you and keep you busy may help too. It depends on the person and the symptoms to be honest. For me, getting rid of it completely was the only way to get by.

#2 Aberrance, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Aberrance, sadly my parents are not supportive and I have no way of getting hold of such a thing. I suppose distractions will have to work :slight_smile: