1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really freaked out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'm being taken to see a doctor tomorrow and I'm really scared. I'm only posting here because I want to know what to expect, what I've been told is horrifying. It's kind of complicated to explain but I was running down the hall and one of my cats ran out into my way, I tripped over him and smacked into a wall, I put my arm out to stop myself. So, I put a hole through the wall and my brother's books actually fell off his bookshelf from the impact. My cat is completely okay, he didn't seem hurt at all but I'm not exactly okay. It happened a week ago today. At first, it swelled up into a bump, like if there was a golf ball under my skin. I now have a purple-yellow colored bruise from my elbow to about halfway up my forearm. It's really gross-looking and there's still a cut across my forearm. The creepiest thing is when I run my fingers over it, there's a hard lump under the skin that didn't used to be there. My friend said it feels like it's part of my bone and my mom wants to take me to the emergency room. My arm feels kind of weak where the lump is and I can't put any weight on it or it gets really sore, I still have ice packs on it to this day. And I swear I can feel that part moving independently from the rest of my arm, which is seriously gross, I'm hoping that it's all psychological but I doubt it.

I don't want to see a doctor, I told my mom I'd let it set wrong (if it's broken/fractured) and it didn't really bother me but she said I needed to see a doctor. That it was unhealthy to let it set wrong and I couldn't do that. I don't see why it matters? I'm afraid of what the doctor will tell me. My mom also said they'll need to re-break and set it and there's no way in hell I'm letting them break my arm. I said I'd refuse the treatment but apparently I can't because I'm only 16? I really don't care about having an extra bump in my arm.

Is there any other possibility besides it being broken? Like could it just be swelling? And what happens if it is broken/fractured and it's been left untreated for a week? :icon_sad:

2. Najlen

If you let it set wrong, you will likely have permanent pain and lose some of your ability to move your arm. It really is better to go to a doctor. I can't say whether it's broken or not, but it sounds bad and letting be risks more serious problems. The hard lump sounds more like fluid buildup than part of your bone. And if your arm didn't hurt a lot or show too many signs before, I would guess its a very small fracture. If they do have to rebreak it, they will give you medication so you don't feel it. I am not a doctor, and my opinion can't substitute for a doctor's opinion, but it really sounds like you need to go in.

3. CoconutOilLady

tbh from the title "Really freaked out" alone makes it sound like it's definitely worth going to the doctors for.