1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by molsen7961, Mar 5, 2017.

1. molsen7961

My period is over a week late. I did mess up with my birth control last month, and I've been very stressed over school so it's possible that those could be the reasons for the late period. The last I had sex was at the very beginning of my last period, which lasted about a week (maybe a little more). I was on birth control but was not regularly taking it. We didn't use a condom but he did pull out. Yes, I'm aware that's not a good method of protection and I was very irresponsible.. lesson learned. I'm 17 years old and in college. My parents pay for school and support me in every way. I don't even have my own job or any of my own money. I have no way of buying a pregnancy test.. the only money I have is on a debit card my dad loads money into and he'd be able to see the purchase, and the potential father is totally 100% broke atm. If I'm pregnant I'd be disowned, I'd have no way to pay for an abortion let alone a baby, I wouldn't be able to finish school, my life would be basically ruined. So anyone have any idea if I could be pregnant/advice? I'm already aware that I was stupid.. I don't need to hear that please. And yes, the guy is clean. We're in a long term relationship.

2. Really

You had sex before your last period? That means you're not pregnant, surely.

Does your school have any student medical services? They should definitely be able to help you and any treatment you require should be dirt cheap or even free. Can you withdraw cash from that debit card? At a bank branch? Check it out.

3. YeahpIdk

How close was it to getting your period? If it was the day of, it might be possible, but I think the circumstances would have to be perfect. People can get pregnant while having sex on their period. If it was a few days prior, I don't think you can be pregnant. Sperm can live for up to 5 days inside of the vagina. It can't impregnate you mid-period, but you can can pregnant if you did it at the end or middle of your period before ovulation starts.

Are you in HS or college? If college you should have a clinic on campus to get a pregnancy test. Borrow money from a friend if you have to. Or go to a Planned Parenthood. Even if you're broke, you have options. I've seen pregnancy tests at Walmart for less than a dollar. I don't know how efficient they are, but they're available.

Don't freak out about having to get an abortion just yet. It sounds like it could be unlikely you're pregnant at all, but find a way to double check.