1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this dangerous?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jogos, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone,

Something tells me this is very dangerous for my health, I tried googling this but could not find anything, so I am asking here.

Occasionally at night I will use my laptop while I am covered under the bed sheets, the reason why is because my father (who is a control freak, along with very abusive) has strict rules of switching the internet off after a certain time, and he will ban me if he catches me on it, but I am a college student, sometimes I need to be on over hours because of group projects plus sometimes I only get to relax and watch series on my laptop at night. When I use my laptop and its night time the room is dark, but the light coming from the laptops screen has exposed me in the past, and I cannot simply have my bedroom light on because my father wants me asleep by a certain time.

Moving on.. by place the laptop under my bed covers, and myself also it doesnt project light to the surface, or at least enough to project to the walls = if my dad passes by the door of my room he will not see the light and think i am asleep. However.. after a few minutes I start to feel hot, which i think is radiation from the laptops screen and the fact that it all concentrated at my face and the closed space of being under my bed without any open air part.... what could this do to my health?

2. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Laptop screens produce little to no radiation. If they did produce so much heat in such a small space of time they would be worthy alternatives to uranium rods XD. The heat is most likley your body heat in such a small space being trapped and eventually warming you up. Hope your dad doesnt catch you!

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're not getting irradiated from your laptop. Your body and the computer both produce heat. Having both under the covers is going to get warm quickly. Can you dial down the brightness on your screen? How about placing a towel on the floor near the base of the door to block the light? Finally it's not your house, if you don't like the rules there's a simple solution that will make it so you don't have to do any of this.

4. ligunn

You probably are just getting anxious that your father will catch you! I wouldn't stress it too much

5. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you've gotten all the answers you need but I second the things people have said :slight_smile: I do it a ton and it's always my comforter that makes me heat up. I've also noticed (although this may be different for others) that when I can't breathe as easily I get hot (and then I can't breathe, and then I get hot, and it's a never ending cycle of discomfort :lol:slight_smile: good luck with your dad!

6. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry you have to put up with that. Can you move into a dorm?

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Time to find an apartment or move to on campus housing. The stress of not getting caught and being hunched under covers is worse than the light.

Or tell him if he wants you to get good grades, you will have to be up late on the computer studying. That's just how college is.