1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ovarian discomfort after sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spotofpaint, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Spotofpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, I tried googling this, but got a bunch of answers for straight people, which is of course, completely useless to me. I figured my fellow LGBTQ peers could help.

This is more of a curiosity and not really a real problem. My wife and I have both experienced ovarian discomfort after sex. I already understand that orgasms can create cramping in the uterus itself, but the discomfort I'm speaking of is definitely from the ovaries, not the uterus. The discomfort is a dull throbbing, similar to the pain you might feel during ovulation. It is not sharp or serious and we were just curious to what causes it and why. (We're both very curious scientific people! :icon_bigg )

We do not use penetration 80% of the time, and this discomfort still occurs directly afterward. Sometimes it'll last up to an hour or two after. All the answers I found on Google said that penetration is the cause, which is CLEARLY not the case and there was ZERO information for lesbian couples (not surprisingly.)

Anyway, if anyone has any knowledge of this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure it's your ovaries? Could it be your abs being sore from tensing them during sex?

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Ovarian pain may be a red herring. Most pains in the abdominal region are non specific. It is pretty common for someone to have pain originate from one source but feel like another area is the culprit. That said I've never heard of this type of pain.