1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing virginity as an ace

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Asexual Pirate, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm getting married this Saturday (don't remind me how close it is or I will implode from stress). As obviously mentioned in my thread title, I am a virgin and also asexual. I'm really scared at the idea of having sex since I haven't ever experienced sexual attraction and have never messed around with anything really.

Any advice for how to handle this?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't go for the "trophy orgasm". Don't even go for the orgasm at all. Make a rule that says there's a penalty (a fun one of course) if somebody comes. That gets rid of a lot of performance pressure and lets you do what should be pleasant even on a just aesthetic level: touching somebody else's body.

3. Najlen

Are you out as ace to your fiancee? You shouldn't have to have sex if you don't feel comfortable doing it, it shouldn't matter if you're married or not.

4. smurf

Have you talked about any of this with your partner?

Talking about our fears and anxieties will usually help stop them or at least make them more tolerable. It takes away the extra effort of pretending everything is alright. It will allow you to ask them to stop and take a breather without having to explain why.

Talk to your partner. Hell, even if you don't want to have sex during your honeymoon you don't have to. Your partner should be okay with that.