1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bunny, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Bunny

So, apparently I have kidney stone(s).

Woke up on Friday morning with agonizing stomach/back cramps, puking sick, and went to the ER at the clinic, where they gave me painkillers, urine tests, and sent me to the hospital in the next town, where I was diagnosed with kidney stones.

I'm taking Naproxen for pain, and Flomax to relax the muscles down there or whatever. This is probably the only time I've ever been thankful for being biologically female. :x

So uh. I've heard many horror stories regarding kidney stones, but...how bad will this be? D:

2. Greggers

my sister in law has had more kidney stones than she is years old, so ive had to deal with them alot by now haha

Im not going to lie, its going to hurt like hell when you have to pee the thing out. This day though they have so many things you can take to help with this it should not be a huge deal though. It will be over before you know it hopefully :slight_smile:

3. KaraBulut

Some of it will depend on how many stones and how large they are.

Most of these stones are very small- sometimes as small as a grain of sand- but they cause pretty painful cramping as they pass. It is the kind of pain that takes your breath away.

Did they actually find a stone in your urine or did they diagnose you based upon your symptoms?

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My daughter (age 21) has had kidney stones. The doctors put her on Flomax also. Be very careful. Her blood pressure dropped suddenly on that medication and she passed out. If you feel lightheaded or not steady on your feet, sit down and call your doctor. We ended up calling an ambulance. My daughter has pain pills that she keeps with her in case she has any sudden pain. The first time this happened she was in so much pain she was laying on the floor and couldn't get up so yes, it can be very painful.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

My mum has some, shes going to get an operation to remove them.

6. Bunny

On my symptoms. Apparently they found blood in my urine, too though, so.

That's not good, I have extremely low blood pressure to begin with. Thanks for the advice/support. :x

7. PlayMikePlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Depends on your age.

If your young like my 7 year old cousin who has them they will make it very unpainful.

If your older then due to your age the stone will be bigger and harder to make smaller.