1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Haemorrhoids

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Blaine1999, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Blaine1999

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and I have just gone to the doctor and I have an internal hemorrid, Its my first time with hemorrids and I was given Proctosedyl Oitment to use it says apply 3 times daily after bowel movements and I dont go to the toilet 3 times a day i get 1 if im lucky and Im not supposed to strain when I go tot he toilet but I strain most of the time and I need to put the oitment on but im scared to go to the toliet and strain and make it worse so i dont know what to do should I just put in in without going to the toilet first? Also im a bit afraid and worried about getting the cream up my rectum using the attachment that comes with it. should I bend over a certain way I have no clue what im doing can anyone help?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Blaine,

First, relax about using the cream. It isn't necessary to use the applicator. Some people prefer to use it but it isn't necessary. Just put some on your finger and put your finger in your rectum. Use enough to coat the inside of your rectum wall with the cream and in far enough to cover the area where the hemorrhoid is located. For an internal one, it should be about a third the length of your index finger.

You should do this after each bowel movement.

I hope your doctor has also given you information and advice on diet changes to increase the bulk of your stool. IBS is most often caused by loose stools, so your doctor should have diet changes as part of your health plan. Make sure to take any medications prescribed for you as well.