1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Anxiety & Exploring Sexuality

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by straightedge, Apr 11, 2017.

1. straightedge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, as explained in the title, I have pretty bad social anxiety. I just go to school, to work, and then home and there's nothing much to it. But I want to put myself out there & explore my bisexuality, but it's so difficult when I struggle just simply leaving my house to hang out with friends. I know some people who are out, but those people simply don't know that I exist or they have significant others. It really does feel like my social anxiety is holding me back. Any encouragement or advice would be lovely!

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up isolated so that plus social anxiety...it just sucks. Sometimes i feel successful at attempting conversation, usually with the more talkative coworkers of mine. I'll just ask about something they talked about before or ask how something went or if they were able to get something they had been wanting. Most of the time i'm not that successful though. I get nervous. Hell the one potentially gay supervisor guy at work i'm more scared to even chat with than the old veteran lady that's outgoing and friendly with everyone. They're both my favorite cause they've both been nothing but nice to me but ironically enough the guy who would probably be accepting of me if my gut instinct is right, i'm scared to even chat with. Ugh. I've heard him mention a boy twice and this whole time i haven't so much as even tried to confirm if i heard him right.

I'll admit i do that asking thing with my parents too lol not just coworkers. With my mom, its manipulative in nature cause if you keep her talking about random stuff, she stays happy and doesn't blow up at me over something random and stupid which then turns into everything i've ever done wrong. With dad, its just cause...he's tolerant and patient and understanding but he's not good with the whole talking thing. With him i have to start the conversation or there won't be one, half the time.

#2 AlexJames, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017