1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physical attraction is rare for me

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by somethingsmthng, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Hey everyone! :smilewave So I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I feel so alone with it. I am a young adult (19) and though I have had crushes, the physical attraction which is supposed to be common... I don't really feel it. Like, I can find people attractive (though that is also rare) but like I am hardly attracted to people (like "I want to have sex with you" attraction doesn't really happen to me) even though I am young.
    I was in love once and when i explained how that felt, people told me that is attraction. But is it possible to only be attracted to someone if you are in love with them? Why is physical attraction so rare for me? When it is supposed to be such a common thing?
    Like, I don't even really know what it should feel like. What should it feel like?

I don't think I'm asexual because I want to have sex someday.
    I don't know, is my situation normal or weird and strange? :icon_sad::confused:
    Could someone more experienced and mature help me? I am kind of at a loss here.
    Thank you!!!

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The same happens to me too. Rarely physically attracted to anyone, low sex drive, not asexual.

Everyone is different. I know a lot of straight women who feel this way, but the LGBT community is so sexualized that people think all gay/bi women should be horndogs and drool over random pairs of boobs on practically everyone they meet. It's highly stupid. There is nothing wrong with you.

3. GayAnon

GayAnon Guest

Same I find it extremely hard to actually wanna be with any guy because I never find them attractive like what so ever and I'm still a virgin and I plan to keep it that way until i find somebody attractive with a big penis

4. bandman

You probably may have low testosterone or depression Please read some article to see if you have low testosterone. However, if you do not feel like you have low testosterone, you may just have a chemical imbalance in your brain that causes a person to have a low sex drive. I have a low sex drive towards males because I believe a chemical imbalance in my brain because my neurotransmitter doesn't make enough chemical for whatever causes low sex drive.

Scientist are working on ways to edit genes. The field is called gene therapy. I believe gene therapy may be able to solve the problem of low sex drive. However, gene therapy isn't ready.

#4 bandman, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017