1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new Primary Care Physician - how to look for one

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cinder, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Cinder

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone, I've been away from this site for quite a while.

But, I can't seem to find answers anywhere else.

Right now I need a new primary care doctor since, well I don't have one. One of the major things I"m looking at, though, is I really am looking into getting major breast reduction. I would like to have insure pay for it, as I'm currently unemployed but I'm worried that since I'm not trans*, they won't. I was hoping to find an LGBT+ doctor since they may understand easier the concept of gender non conforming and how this really is a big deal. But the only list I found about my area doesn't have any that take my insurance.

Should I just deal with it, find a doctor and hope? Just looking for advise I guess on how to pick a doctor with the greatest chance of success.

2. Really

Is there an LGBT resource centre near you? Could you call or email them for advice about GPs? You could check their website but I'm not sure this sort of info would be published.

You could also check out your state's College of Physicians and Surgeons (or whatever the equivalent is). They might be able to help you.

All sorts of women get breast reductions so I wouldn't worry about requesting it. If you have, for example, back pain from them, I don't see how anyone would blink at your request.

Good luck!