1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Bad Chest Pain...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DAMONdisaster, Apr 24, 2009.

1. DAMONdisaster

What can it mean?

It is right under my sternum.
    It happens every time I move.

Also my whole body is aching.
    Do I need to go to the ER?

2. Emberstone

If it spreads to your shoulder and down your arm, I would head to the ER.

I had something similer happen to me in 05', and I have collapsed the upper portion of my left lung, and it hurt like hell, and we thought it was a heart attack.

if it is under your sternum, you probably doing neeed to worry about it being you heart, as that is to your left side.

3. Jim1454

I'm not going to tell you no...

How long have you had the pain? Have you been up and walking around at all? How many hours in a row have you been sitting at your computer?

It could be just a growing pain or a 'stitch'. It's unlikely that you're having a heart attack at 15 - but stranger things have happend. I don't think that's what it is if it's only when you move.

Are you short of breath? any tingling? Not sure what to say. You might just want to lie down and take some deep breaths.

4. Just Adam

it might be as simple as youve got a chill in you i know sounds weeird but i get it its painfull just moving an inch i just wrap up warm in blankets have cup tea go to sleep as this will warm you up and relax the muscles :slight_smile:

but if it carrys on id suggest going to see health professional better safe than sorry

take care :slight_smile:

5. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Damon
    Pain in the chest can be caused by four main things:

Musculoskeletal pain- in someone your age this is usually what causes chest pain. You may have strained a muscle between your ribs, or you could have some "growing pains". This sort of pain is usually an ache and very localised. So the pain is always in the same area and it usually hurts more if you press in the area with your hand.

Heart- this is less likely at your age- but if you have palpitations or shortness of breath then you should see a doctor

Lungs- this pain is usually very sharp and it catches your breath. If you are getting that sort of pain and it started suddenly (like a click of the finger) then you should see a doctor.

Gastro- it could be a bit of heartburn. This is usually present after eating and is worse when you lie flat. Its a gnawing pain, or a burning pain usually.

If you are in any doubts than just go see your family doctor. If at any point you get shortness of breath or dizzy spells or severe chest pain you should go straight to the ER.

Hope it feels better soon matexxxx

6. Mickey

I think you should see a Dr. Never mess around with these things. It may be something simple but you won't know until you get checked.

7. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you been running around? It could just be a stitch.

8. KaraBulut

You should call your doctor and see if you can get an appointment. More that likely it is musculoskeletal. Your doctor can make the determination as to whether you should come in for an exam or whether you should go to the ER.

If you become short of breath, the pain worsens or the pain becomes constant, you should go to the ER.