1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to lose muscle on purpose?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lacie1, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Lacie1

Hi, I am AMAB and gender fluid. For the past 15 years I've been working out 5 days per week with weights. My reps have typically been between 8 and 12 with moderate to heavy weights. As a result I'm pretty muscular. My arms (especially biceps and triceps) are rather large and just outright manly looking. My goal is to both lose fat and muscle. I want to look more female and look better in women's clothes. Three weeks ago I decided to change my weight lifting to using lower weights with very high reps. So now I'm doing like 25 to 35 reps. So for example I'll curl a 10 pound dumbbell 25 times instead of using a 25 pound dumbbell 10 times. I've read that this high rep technique tones muscle instead of bulking up. I've noticed a difference and have lost 12 pounds. But I think the weight loss is more fat than muscle. I definitely need to LOSE muscle as well though. Should I just stop lifting weights period and just stick to cardio? My goal is to lose muscle quickly. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

2. grass

grass Guest

you could do cardio and work out thigh/leg muscles by doing lunges and other excercises.To lose fat, diet helps the most.Maybe try eating less protein, too.

3. LeticiaTheLesbo

Lifting weights will continue to support muscle mass, cardio based workouts will help you become lean

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Since you as an AMAB have a lot of T in your system you might need to give up weight training or switch to a woman's routine which means cardio and exercises for your behind.