1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scoliosis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Aliciya, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Aliciya

Just decided to create this thread where anyone with Scoliosis can give each other advice, share funny and or weird experiences, etc. ❤

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have it. Mine can be painful at times; makes a lot of work difficult.

3. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have it too. Very bad tho. Luckily it made my back unsensitive so I can take very strong punch and not feel anything.

4. Aliciya

Last time I had a x-ray, which was back in July of 2016, my curve jumped from 14 to 26, and i'm not going back until September this year. One of my ribs sticks out and its pretty noticeable. What is the degrees of your curves?

5. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don´t know, nobody never told me or bother to find out. But I guess it´s not good, from what I´ve been told it´s so bad that if I move badly my back bones will screech my nerves or even veins and I´ll die. I also have bruises on my back from my spine pushing on my skin. And I used to stand kinda falsely and walk little different than normal people. I fixed it both, fortunately. And thx to my scoliosis I wasn´t even able to move when I was little, I had to rehabiliate myself.

Funny fact is, since I have crooked spine I can´t tell when my head is facing straight. People say it´s always little bit to left and yet I see it as straight xd Well this was longer than I expected, sorry. xd

6. Hitomi

Thank you for making this thread! <3

I too have scoliosis. I've had it ever since I can remember and it only gets worse as the years pass. I am always in pain but since I have lived with it for basically more than half my life I've grown used to dealing with the pain.
    When I stand up straight, you will see the curve in my back and my posture looks really awkward because of it.
    It also limits me a lot. Especially on cold, rainy days (I find that I have less pain when it's a warm, sunny day). Sometimes I even need to take a break from the things I love to do.

I am extremely grateful for this thread. I can't tell you what it means to me to find some people who know what it feels like and to find some support!

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a thread! :icon_bigg
    I have it too, since I was 12. I got in a car crash, broke my spine, and nobody knows why, it took a turn to the right. My doctor said it made no sense to measure the curve, because it's not S shaped, not even C. It's a weird curve. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I had surgery to fuse three vertebrae and fix some issues with the nerves and this was supposed to correct it, but instead it fused the top part of my pelvis and my fisrt vertebra in a crooked position. Which again, nobody saw or told me, so I was trying to fix it with physical therapy and bracing for years, till last year I found out it was just glued like that. So now I just live with it, I guess. It causes some pain and stiffness and problems with my right knee, I limp when I'm tired and it makes me feel clumsy. Especially in combination with some neurological issues I still have. But, well, what can you do, I'm used to it. It may sound kinda bad, but it doesn't stop me from doing most things.

8. Aliciya

I'm glad I could help. Have you gone to a doctor recently to check how bad your curves are? Last time mine was 26 degrees, but its probably gotten worse by now, as last time was in july of 2016 and i don't go back until September. ❤

9. Brigianna

I have upper back scoliosis. You have to strengthen the low back. People thing you need to exercise shoulders or upper back. But the correct posture depends on the strength of the lower back.
    It helped me a bit :wink: you can get good exercises online :slight_smile:

10. BiGuy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have a minor form of it due to a malformity in my lumbar causing my L4-L5 to naturally fuse. I agree that exercise helps a lot.

11. fuz

fuz

30 upper, 20 lower here. Scary stuff. :icon_sad:

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in middle school, we all had to get examined for scoliosis, involving awkwardly stripping down to my underwear at school (my worst nightmare). The examiner had to run her fingers over my spine several times because she was not quite sure if my curvature was problematic. I believe that she recommended that I see a doctor about it. I told my parents and they didn't seem too worried. I never mentioned it to a doctor, though I have had plenty of checkups since. No one has ever brought attention to it since then.

13. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At least it must have stopped growing, since you're 21... Are you doing anything for it?

14. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wheeey, me too. Last year I couldnt tie my shoes anymore but then i took a sports class where everyone else was like 60 years older and now it barely ever hurts. :slight_smile:

15. fuz

fuz

I've began getting experimental chiropractic adjustments. It's expensive (to me), comes with some bad side effects, and doesn't seem to be having too much of an actual effect on the condition. I was sick of the whole thing, and went with the first guy that said he could help. Not a good decision. If I survive this, it can be another lesson learned.