1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a sign I'm not ready for sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tre, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whenever I get sex dreams I always get flashbacks of them when I'm minding my own business during the day. Those flashbacks make me very uncomfortable. At least when I'm around other people. When I'm alone I can just enjoy the flashbacks. Will I have these issues with flashbacks when I have actual sex?
    I also get a lot of anxiety when I feel sexually attracted to someone in public. Especially when I'm around people I know. I don't want them to know who I'm attracted to. Especially if I'm out to them. This has led to me suppressing my sexuality and feeling asexual a lot of the time.

2. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone?

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. Can I ask if you are out to anyone?

4. smurf

Yeah, sex right now might be overwhelming for you.

From what you are saying, it seems that you have internalized the message that sexuality and your own sexuality is a dity thing that should never be seen. It tough stuff that we learn, but anything that is learnt can also be unlearn.

I would say that talking to a therapists about this issue and working on getting tools so you can cope with these thought would be helpful. That way, if you have sex, you can deal with any emotions that may come up because of it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having flashbacks of sex dreams while in public

5. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. When I'm out to people I get even more anxiety about my sexuality. When I'm not out to people I'm not as worried about checking out girls or talking about girls. But when I'm out to people I do get worried about looking at a girl too long or talking about one for too long. I also hate having flashbacks of sex dreams around my parents or other people. I get intrusive thoughts about them being able to read my mind.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you generally an anxious person or does it only seem to happen in this scenario?

7. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm generally anxious.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever seen anyone about your anxiety?
    The people you are out to, do you feel comfortable being yourself around them or not?

9. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uhh yeah like I can just be at the grocery store or something and get reminded of a time I had sex with someone just if like my mind is wandering around from thing to thing. Idk, I guess I don't really see sexual thoughts as much different or any more or less intrusive than any other type of thought, they happen just as regularly thoughout the day or from time to time, just like when we remember going out with friends, or trips we went on, etc. they're all of the same value. Don't be ashamed of your brain just functioning normally, I'd say it seems less like a sex issue and more like a shame / anxiety-based issue.

---------- Post added 6th May 2017 at 12:34 AM ----------

Have you ever caught a heterosexual friend checking someone out in public? What did you think of it? I can't imagine you thought they were a bad or abnormal person for doing it, if your friends are truly accepting to your sexuality, I'm sure they won't think twice about it (and if they do it sounds like they're super judgemental). Plus, of its any solace, a lot of heterosexual people who aren't actively involved in / supportive of the LGBT community are a little blind to it... even if you were checking someone out, they haven't been raised in a way that makes them typically recognize it as quickly as having sexual intention like when a man or woman checks each other out.