1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i manage hypomaina

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Shasta, May 3, 2017.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have realized that my crush has triggered mania and euphoria how do manage it. I have a lot of internal dialogue. Not audible but internally. I catch myself talking to my racing thoughts. I talk myself as if I were having a conversation with others. How do I manage. This when at work. My attention span sucks because of maina

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate dealing with mania and hypomania. I usually just try to put the energy that I am getting from it into my work. So, I just keep myself super busy when I am at work. When I am at home, I try to find something to do like reading or talking to others. I've been on some medication now, so it is not as bad as it used to be for me. there are still some times that it can be really bad though.

3. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you sleeping? The number one piece of advise I would give anyone with bipolar disorder (and I've been dealing with it longer then I care to remember) is this: do whatever you have to do to sleep at least 7 hours a night. See your doctor- if you are worried about sleep aids being habit forming they can give you meds that aren't that also help with sleep. For some people melatonin w/Benadryl is enough to get a good night's sleep. Trying to get a little extra sleep is my first "go-to" when I catch hypomania or mania starting.

Exercise, deep breathing, light and funny entertainment where you can kind of turn off your brain for a while- all those can help too. I also find when I'm manic I can't tolerate any caffeine, even though I'm normally not caffeine sensitive at all.

HTH!