1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erectile dysfunction. Kind of

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Joeshirt, May 6, 2017.

1. Joeshirt

Ok first off I'm going to the doctor I'm having several problems I didn't want to because it's embarrassing but my dick means the world to me and I can't let it fall off.

Ok so first of all I had ed before but it was different. I took Prozac which gave it to me took 30+ minutes to jerk off. Not on that anymore but now I'm having a different type, years later I went to my psychiatrist and took new depression medicine hoping that was the cause and still nothing. This time though I can masturbate like usual instantly, actually I think it's getting faster sadly.... But the erection goes away faster and even at fully erect its only stays at like 80-90% hardness. Also a side note before I had little patches of when I masturbate I could but I felt almost no pleasure.....

Now I have been also having another problem of going to the bathroom more often, I went to the doctor did tests and nothing. And even longer ago my testicles were "hurting" so they did tests. Nothing. And it went away after. I'm scared shitless this might be something bigger then just my depression. Sad since I'm not even that old.

2. klix

Joe,

I can see that you very concerned about all this, I'm going to focus on the two main issues separately, however they could be linked to anxiety:

1. Erectile dysfunction and struggling each orgasm

This could be any one of a number of, or combination of issues, your post gives me the impression this issue is causing you a lot of concern and anxiety, coupled with your depression, and the drugs it could well be that any one of or a combination of these issues is contributing towards the issue.

Sex drive, erectile function, and reaching orgasm are a combination of mental state and physical stimulation. In other words, just rubbing it isn't going to make it go off, nor is being really turned on. You need to be able to relax, be aroused mentally and physical, and physically stimulating yourself.

If you laying there worrying about your inability to cum, or that you aren't hard enough it's going to put you off. You've also mentioned you are taking a different type of anti-depressant, many of which are SSRIs like Prozac which you took earlier, these can have an affect on your sexual abilities too.

It would definitely be worth while talking to the doctor when you see them about your masterbation issues, it's a difficult conversation, but they are professionals and will have dealt with this before, so they will be able to listen to you and help you in a non-judgemental way.

2. Testicular pain

You have previously spoken with a doctor who cleared you of any medical issues, and while they can make mistakes, it sounds like you are jumping to worst case scenarios about the issue.

Assuming you've been practicing safe sex and getting tested regularly that would rule out STIs which can cause pain, another possibility is that if you are masterbating and not reaching orgasm you are effectively blue-balling yourself which can cause some discomfort.

You've said you are scared shitless this could be something worse and you are not even that old. The inference I took from that is you are worried about something life changing or life threatening testicular cancer, however from what I've understood it is extremely rare for this to cause pain in the testicles, and even if this does turn out to be true, it is treatable.

I am glad to see you are going to a doctor again it sounds like it would be very helpful to talk to them about how you feel as well as about the physical problems, they should be able to help put your mind at ease if you are open about your concerns.

Reading your post it seems like you might want to ask the doctor if you are suffering from anxiety as well as depression.

What ever you decide try to relax and remain calm, and talk to a doctor, or councilor about your issues, they'll be able to help.

3. Joeshirt

1. Well the depression had been "meh" lately nothing like it was years ago up until now when all this shit came up now it's really bad. But I don't have the pleasure problem right NOW but it maybe come back, then go away etc like it did before twice. And yes I know the effects of the anti depressants.

2. Yes I do but I don't like to "think positive" then go to the doctor and then be even more devastated that I have something "Serious" especially now that I tried the medicine and it didn't fix it. Better to prepare yourself for the worst as some people say.

The pain hasn't happened for a while now and they asked me this at the doctor as well and I doubt that is the case since I never had sex even once sadly.....

Yes, you pretty much nailed it however I was thinking more of MS since symptoms are ED and going to the bathroom to much. Either way it sucks.

4. klix

Joe,

I want to be honest here, I feel like you are catastrophising the situation, while it cannot be ruled out that this is a serious condition until you see medical professionals, the chances are very low.

It's obviously very worrying for you but you have to try to keep things in perspective, the chances are that you are fine, I mean heck I get pain in my testicles sometimes, like a strong aching, but I am still here.

I get that you've done your research and come up with MS but equally the ED could be caused by the SSRIs and/or depression/anxiety and the bathroom issue could be any number of other issues, a common one is diabetes.

I am not suggesting you have diabetes either, but rather, that you've got two symptoms and jumped to the worst possible conclusion.

Having myself been diagnosed with a serious life changing medical condition (a brain tumour) I can tell you that no among of preparation will help you deal with a doctor telling you that, and I actually feel that you are using this as an excuse to give yourself permission to torture yourself about something that very probably isn't true.

I know you are worried but even if your worst fears were to come true, that this is MS, there are plenty of people who live long and happy lives with the condition, like most. Cancer, MS, HIV, and many other conditions that people look upon as 'death sentences' are in fact anything but.

All I can say to you is to get yourself to a doctor ASAP, but please talk to them about your fears, heck show them this thread, because I really feel that you need to find a way to manage your anxiety here.

All the best

Tom

5. Joeshirt

You are probably right. Thanks for the reply.

Closest appointment was the 20th sadly I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully they'll know this time.

6. klix

Try to find things to keep your mind off it, and if you find yourself in a difficult spot then don't hesitate to call a local helpline

#6 klix, May 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  7. naoky78

naoky78 Guest

Or better go straight to the doctor!

8. Joeshirt

Ok so I think I figured out what it is. After almost having a anxiety attack yesterday and having to piss 3 times in the night barley drinking any water I just found out that going to the bathroom to much can be caused by anxiety which I did not know, I don't know why my psychiatrist didn't tell me. Which also said "if the doctor didn't find anything it probably is anxiety". Now I took anti depressants for a month before stopping but that didn't help so either way I'm not doing so good.