1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How/where to get tested without people finding out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gasian, May 15, 2017.

1. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm trying to be a responsible person and get tested for STD's. I've done and had done to me penetrative anal (with condoms), as well as oral (without condoms). The guy that I've done it with was my boyfriend at the time (we broke up a few weeks ago), and I downloaded a hookup app after we broke up. Ideally, I'd like to go on PReP just for the safety of mind, but there's a problem: my mother. She just so happens to be my family's doctor, and thus has access to my medical records. Ethically wrong? Probably, but suggesting that some other person treat me and be my doctor would raise warning signs to her that I'd be doing things she didn't approve of (such as having premarital sex, doing drugs, etc), and since my parents are paying for college for the next few years, it wouldn't be good. Additionally, my mom would definitely do her damndest to make friends with my doctor so she could figure out wtf I had....:dry:

Are there any resources in the general bay area of California where I can go to get tested for free (because I can't pay with credit card and my mom would notice cash), that can be kept off of my medical records? There's a Planned Parenthood nearby, but I don't really know what they can/cannot do. My college also has testing, but I'm scared that they'll do something like notify my doctor (again, a really bad thing), so I can't do that since the testing relies on insurance. So essentially pretend I have no insurance, and very little to no money...

Is there a way for me to get on PrEP given the above information? Until I find a guy I want to be monogamous with for life, barebacking's never going to be an option, but there's still a chance of getting HIV orally since I never hear of people using condoms for oral. I know that I need to get tested at least every three months (which goes back to question 1), but what else should I know besides it being once a day?

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Planned Parenthood offers free testing, at least ours does and it is completely confidential.

3. smurf

Nope, there is no change of getting HIV Orally. HIV Virus is fairly weak. It will die when its exposed to air, by your stomach acid, and it can only infect you if it goes right into your blood stream. All of it which makes it virtually impossible to be passed orally.

Full STI panel is a bit harder to find, but HIV test is easily available at most health clinics and LGBT centers.

Here is what came up on google in a quick search. If this isn't close to you, its at least a good example of what you can find around your area.

Berkeley Free Clinic-STD | SF Center

Sadly, with your current situation Prep is just not an option since the only way to make it affordable is if you have insurance.