1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans and non-binary masturbation question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mariana, May 19, 2017.

1. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, so I'm a cis-woman trying to learn more about transgender issues. I don't mean for this to be rude or disrespectful so if I say something offensive please let me know!

I've been wondering how trans people masturbate if they haven't had their genitals altered through surgery. Not the specifics, just in terms of how you deal with dysphoria. Same for non-binary people. I don't know how to get this across properly. So for me it's easy because I'm fine with my genitals so I can touch them without feeling stressed or uncomfortable. But I can imagine that that's probably not the case for a lot of trans people and I don't know how you would deal with that. Because masturbation is fun and healthy (as long as you don't hurt yourself) and I hadn't thought of it as a privilege before but now I'm thinking that I probably am privileged because it's so easy for me.

You know what I mean? So if you're trans or non-binary and you feel comfortable sharing your personal perspective, that would be great!

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I identify as bigender but i have never had an issue masturbating, beyond being curious of what it would be like if i did it as a boy.

My only real issue was brought on by my mom being very traditional and religious and having walked in on me a few times as a kid. For the longest time i felt like because i'm a girl not a boy my interest in masturbating was viewed by others as wrong, shameful, disgusting. I masturbated before i knew what it was, dunno how i figured it out i just did. But my mom when she saw me doing this at like 10 or whatever age it was would get disgusted and threaten and generally make me feel very humiliated and ashamed for something i didn't honestly understand at the time. So my big issue was coming to terms with the fact that my mom's reaction was bad and inappropriate because masturbation is perfectly normal and healthy, and is perfectly acceptable to do even though i'm a girl.

So idk if i hadn't had that issue maybe i would've had other issues. But for me, masturbation itself aside from that one thing has never brought on dysphoria for me. Just a curiosity for what it would be like as a boy that i've never really delved into. I've separated my biological sex and my gender identity pretty clearly, i think.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm not affected by that personally, some people write they do have a problem with this because they can't even look at their parts and are disgusted with touching them. And it's a pain if you just can't deal with your libido. If disgust is not an issue, sometimes rich imagination and invention helps with many things.

4. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As someone whose gender changes mentally, masturbation relies on the gender I feel like at the time. When I feel completely comfortable with my body being female, I have no problem touching myself. But when I feel much more masculine, or like I should have male parts, then no touching. Then I use a pillow to kind of replicate tribbing while lying on my stomach. Also, types of stimulation depends on the felt gender. If more feminine, then I am fine with both clit and vag stimulation. When masculine, never penetration. All clit, and imagining my parts to be much different.

5. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I identify as trans, but I've not had anything officially confirmed yet.

Sex and masturbation don't really bother me, or at least the physical acts themselves. Both feel really good to me, even tho I often times wish I had both female and male parts, or just female parts, instead of just the male parts I was born with. Masturbation for me is sometimes stroking myself off or, more often than not over the years, placing a sock or stocking over myself, putting it between a pair of pillows and half humping them and half me pretending I'm getting railed. Sex is what would be considered typical between cismale and cisfemale: putting it in, lots of thrusting and switching positions and/or speed until we are both spent.

However, it's afterwards that's the issue for me. Instead of feeling relaxed and good, 9/10 times my mood ranges from slightly annoyed to downright grouchy and it usually takes a few days of not doing anything sexual for my mood to improve.

Yes, I'm odd.

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have masturbated before because my curiosity got the better of me and I don't like it. I prefer not to touch my vagina or breasts at all, I felt nauseous during and afterwards especially. It made my dysphoria go through the roof because it made having a female body just that much more real. It also came with a lot of shame because I'm so disgusted by those parts.

#6 Spot, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  7. Jinxmonsoon

Honestly masturbation for me has almost never been a problem, most of the time i just jerk like a regular biological male would, but on special occasions my dysphoria kicks in and i just cant, so i tend to tuck my penis in between my legs(silence of the lambs esque i know) and just rub it as if it were a clit, or i use two warm wet sponges in a small cup with a ziplock bag in between them with some lube/girly smelling lotion and pretend its a dildo and use that to pleasure myself.