1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viral meningitis?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Random Ross 1, May 21, 2017.

1. Ok. Yesterday I started to feel kind of sick. I took a bath and then I went to bed. I woke up with a slightly stiff neck, although it isn't as stiff now. I also have very mild head pain and sore muscles. I didn't think too much about it until a few hours later I noticed a purple rash on my leg. I then started to get concerned. I did what every idiot does and went to the internet. I concluded that if I do happen to have meningitis, it very likely isn't bacterial because of how slow and mild the symptoms have been progressing, and bacterial meningitis literally can put you in the hospital within a few hours and can kill in less than a day. If symptoms do keep on progressing, I'm taking my ass to the doctor quickly, but right now I'm pretty sure that it's viral meningitis. But what worries me is that yesterday I hit my head not too hard, just enough to make me dizzy and put me in a daze for a couple of minutes, and I got better quickly and didn't really think about it, but I have heard that head injuries can cause meningitis in rare cases. But I'm pretty sure that's just me being paranoid and irrational. Anyway, I'm gonna wait it out for a few hours and see how I am then. If the symptoms haven't progressed much, I'll assume that it's viral and rest it off for a few days. If it gets much worse or begins to progress quickly, I'll flip my shit and take myself to a doctor. I'll keep you guys updated.

---------- Post added 21st May 2017 at 02:07 PM ----------

As a disclaimer, I didn't just type my symptoms into WebMD and then start thinking I had meningitis. I'd been suspecting it for a while, and I did research to tell the difference between different types of meningitis. So yeh.

2. Really

Go to the doctor.

If it's nothing, great.

If it's something you could get rid of with 2 weeks of medication, why wait until it's worse and takes months to get rid of?

3. It's showing signs of being a bacterial infection. I told my parents everything, and if it gets worse or stays the way it is by tomorrow, they're taking me to the doctor, or if it gets worse, the ER.

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends died of bacterial meningitis. If you suspect meningitis go see a doctor straight away.

5. I went to the doctor. I don't have meningitis. It was all because of my head injury. Thank you all for the support, and I should get better in a few days.