1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voices in your head.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jennn, May 3, 2009.

1. Jennn

Does this make you a schizophrenic? Or is this okay, if it's not a regular occurrence?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

What do they so?
    How do they work?

I've always heard of stuff like that, but never experienced it. I'd love to. It sounds sexy. Now I wouldn't have to be awkward around others, I can just talk to myself! :slight_smile:

3. Ben

Ben

I was once told that hearing voices alongside speaking to yourself is one of the two least spoken about but relatively common experiences.
    I don't think it's necessarily a symptom of mental disease.

I think it depends on what they are saying and how often you hear them.

4. katie

yes, hearing voices can be a symptom of schizh, but they can also be a defene mechanism, created by our subconsciuos to protect us from something. the mind knows when we're getting to a bad place, and so creates these systems to either cushion us as we fall or shock us out of a bad episode.

if these voices scare you, seek help, if not, they may go in their own time, when ur better. if they have been around for a long time,u may want to seek help, if not, dont stress so much.

remember you are in control of your head, and of you. dont get freaked out by them, just saty calm and remind yourself that you are you,and no one else.

hope this helps!
    x

#4 katie, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

This doesn't mean your schizophrenic. I actually hear voices through my ears that aren't there, so consider yourself lucky that you don't have that :wink: . Doc put me on a high dose of an atypical antipsychotic medication called Seroquel.

Anyway, what do these voices say? Do they command you to do anything? Also, how big is the time difference between these voices?

I know this question is gonna sound dumb, but...do you control these voices, as in, do you tell these voices what to say?

If you need help or need to talk about this, you can pm me or talk to me on my wall...I can relate quite well to this.

6. Zac4

at the risk of every1 here thinking im crazy... wtf, here goes.
    maybe the voices r there?
    my grandmother was a medium and she'd hear things, she communicated with them.
    i never heard anything but i saw some really freaky stuff when i lived with her, enough to not doubt her and i know what she could do was for real.

maybe u r what they call 'sensitive'.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Please 'enlighten' me as to what 'things' you saw that proved her correct.

Now unless you're delusional yourself, I would like you to think about the validity of your post; how the hell is any of that physically possible?

I actually do hear voices and I don't believe in that.

8. Just Adam

i talk to myself in and outside my head i argue with myself aswell. im not ill by human standards im just different

9. Zac4

i dont care what u believe or dont believe and im not gonna bother getting into a debate with u on existence of ghosts. if u dont believe their real its just cuz u havent seen 1 & i get that. im just saying to the OP theres a possibility the voices r real .

10. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

What you don't understand is this: if the OP actually does have a schizophrenia-related illness, you're just feeding into it, which will make it much worse for them.

I'm sure you don't want to make them worse, which is why I say this. Trust me, I would know the effects of such issues.

11. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i fight with a voice in my head.

i call it my " being a dumbass voice"

whenever i know im doing something wrong it tells me to stop and shut up. haha

12. Miles D

I say as long as these voices don't tell you to do mean things, or affect your daily quality of living, then you're fine :grin:

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah thats similar to me hah xD but I only talk to myslef inside of my head, but I don;t hear other voices just mine

14. Emberstone

I talk to myself all the time, and I have conversations in my head when I write. Strange as that sound, playing out conversations of what my characters are saying in a scene before I write it, useing their voices, their personality, and their emotional state at the time of the scene helps me alot.

I also day dream alot, and sometimes, it happens as conversations in my mind.

only once has a voice in my head seemed to take a mind of its own, when I was writing a scene and the voice of my stories villian said "you better not do what I think your about to do" as strange as that sounds, I basically said "shut up, or I will make it worse."

Now, if the voices are telling you to do things, such as harming yourself or others, that is when you stray into mental illness.

15. Just Adam

its my voice but its talking back to me. like if im thinking about something my inner voice will answer back how stupid that is and counter the idea then i say how its stupid and we argue

16. JakeBHT

I hear voices and asked a trusted friend of mine if I was, she has them too but considering how much she has experimented with drugs it doesn't suprise me.
    I heard the one person at first it was my ex girlfriend and I also kept seeing her everywhere, in windows in door ways in mirrors behind me. Now I have all that and I hear people talking about me behind doors or through windows. Occasionally they talk too me but not often, that seems to be my ex only really. So in answer probably but don't feel alone, I think i'm probably both schizophrenic and have paranoia. I just want the voices and hilusionations to stop, but I get along I can cope hope you can, if not get help.

17. Totoro

Eh. seems pretty common. I call him the smarter one, since when i talk to... this other self (seems like a different personality, actually), it feels like i'm the inferior one. I think it often speaks to me as though another person "You are. blahblahblah" and often contradicts everything I say, but heck, i don't really care- i'm still living, doesn't seem unhealthy for my mental state, at least.o.o

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

That seems normal to me ^.^

19. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like the term schizophrenia. I've always thought it was a much too general term with an unjustified bad connotation. That bad connotation can't really be applied to each of the huge variety of things it covers.

If you hear voices in your head once in a while I don't think it's a problem. Like many things, it's only a problem if it's affecting your life in a negative way. Are they telling you to do bad things, or are they distracting you in your everyday life? If so, maybe you want to look into how to deal with them further. If they just give another perspective to arguments once in a while, I don't see anything wrong with that! In fact, it's probably a good thing.

20. someguy82

I have long detailed conversations with the voice in my head, and I don't have schizophrenia.