1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser hair removal

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lychee, May 8, 2009.

1. Lychee

So, recently I've been thinking about getting permanent hair removal... Not sure where, I'll probably do like one area and see how satisfied I am with the results before forking out thousands of dollars to get it done everywhere... So, I was wondering, who has had it done? Where? How satisfied have you been with the results?
    Also, are there any risks associated with it? Oh and the most important question of all- how much does it hurt?

2. KaraBulut

Laser hair removal uses a special type of laser that is focuses energy on dark areas. So, if you have dair hair but fair skin, you're a good candidate for laser removal. Unfortunately, if you have light hair it doesn't work as well. And unfortunately, if you have dark pigment in your skin, it can also cause blotchiness in your skin since the laser will react with your skin pigment.

It is expensive and there is some pain involved, depending on what part of body you want done- some parts are more painful than other parts.

On this forum is a post from Jerr who had his chest lasered.
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8945

#2 KaraBulut, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009